FIXED: Toxxulia forest zoning bug

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
Ttimm65

Zoning to Tox from Paineel

Post by Ttimm65 »

En route to The Hole I used the PoK portal stone to 'Paineel' which places you near Paineel entrance in Tox. I zoned into Paineel without incident. Once inside Paineel I was facing the 'wrong' way (subjective). Taking a few steps I ended up zoning back to Tox. I crashed to desktop with an error that the filename "Tox" was not in my current EQ directory. "What?! I was just there!" Trying to re-enter game on that character from the character select screen I encountered the same error. I 'returned home', went back to PoK and once again successfully enter Tox from PoK.

This issue was replicated a couple hours later when a friend joined me (Amstead) and did exactly the same thing....zoned into Paineel, and back to Tox after not realizing the direction he was facing. PoK to 'Paineel' worked fine to enter Tox, but Paineel to Tox crashed, as did character select to Tox.

I apologize for having not captured the exact error message, but the gist of it was clearly stating that I was missing a file in the current/active EQ directory.

Thanks for everything you do to make this as fun and enjoyable as it is. I'm having a blast.
dalien

FIXED: Toxxulia forest zoning bug

Post by dalien »

Using ROF2 client if this matters.

If you port or PoK book to Tox, it loads the proper "toxxulia" zone file. However, if you zone into Erudin or Paineel and try to zone back out on foot, it trys to load the "tox" zone file and crashes to desktop with a message it can't find the file. Repeated attempts to login will crash the client until you use "Return Home" or "Enter Tutorial" from the login screen.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Toxxulia forest zoning bug

Post by poru »

This has been fixed, thanks for reporting it.

I fixed a similar issue with Misty Thicket as well.

Old versions of zones can be reached via the Translocators (if you have the files).