Epics

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Kikyo

Epics

Post by Kikyo »

So it seems like many of our memeber's I am narcissistic. I spent all of a week working on, and completing my lil Pallies Fiery Defender/Avenger knowing it would be significantly outdated with a weapon i already had. My OCD is fantastic that way and to my joy it seems many people have completed their epics as well.... though only to have them sit as sad trophies in their bank. Maybe we were all curious to see if there was a "beefier" version of the epic aside form an extra aug slot,... nadda. So may i humbly suggest an epic refresh? It is probably one of the more PIA parts of the game and gives little to no benefit.

Thoughts
- Add a server exclusive 1.5/2.0. A few servers have done this and adds a bit of fun to the quest. Example obtain 1.0 classically. For 1.5 you must kill "X" list of raid mobs (or loot their NO Drop head) and turn it for a beefed up epic.
- Have a chain of quests to slowly beef up your epic
- Ability to "Merge" epics with PoT weapons... DO a quest for a bag and merge said epic with a PoT weapon to give epic a unique boost.
- or just generally boost epic Damage Ratio

Just some ideas anyway. I love walking around with my Torch stick and would love for it to be more than ornamental ;)
poru
Site Admin

Re: Epics

Post by poru »

The Epic 1.0 is already amazing for a Kunark era quest.

That said, I am going to make the Epic 1.0s wearable on belt and/or back (where it makes sense for each item).

They will be almost unrivaled as stat items with all the augments you can cram into them on Casual Dreams.

No ETA. Busy in real life right now.
Kikyo

Post by Kikyo »

That would be amazing Poru!
Aerathorn

Post by Aerathorn »

Seriously, that is one of coolest ideas I've ever heard. Even if I had to re do quest for new version I would be all over it. Thanks Poru for all you have done for us lost children of Norrath