Add hybrid, priest and caster versions of Smokey Green Gemstone

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Varthak

Add hybrid, priest and caster versions of Smokey Green Gemstone

Post by Varthak »

Hi,

Currently, the best aug pure melees can get is Smokey Green Gemstone.

However, there hybrid, priest and caster versions aren't in-game. Could these be added, please?

Thanks,
Varthak.
Rayne

Re: Add hybrid, priest and caster versions of Smokey Green Gemstone

Post by Rayne »

I personally disagree with adding these (and this comes from someone who would definitely benefit from their addition). The pure melee smokey and dirty green gemstones that currently drop ingame shouldn't even exist on a PoP server, and IMO it's a slope that, when we start descending, will only create unnecessary work for Poru. If anything, however, these augments should be removed, but this server isn't meant to be perfect. I am by no means speaking for Poru in saying this, but I am reminded of a previous post of his:

"if you think about it, many of the suggestions solo players make for solo server devs are game issues, not server issues, and fixing them all is beyond what one man is capable of. EQ is an old, imperfect game. Casual Dreams does not exist to be the next amazing MMO that gets everything right...Casual Dreams is very playable, not perfect, but playable. People get their EQ fix once in a while and live their life, so I consider it a massive success."

Adding them won't make Quarm or any other mob in the game more soloable, because that is already possible. I'm thankful Poru has provided the server as it stands and is active in fixing bugs and script errors as the need arises, and the balancing zones / mobs behind the scenes.

Just my 2 copper.