Events

Content unique to our server.
inwkxm

Events

Post by inwkxm »

So I have been gearing up my Bard and Rogue through PoT runs and I am about to try my hand at some of the events. But I had a few questions about them before I run head long into them. Bard has close to 100 aas and Rogue is close to 200. Pretty well time geared and elemental armor.

How many events are there?
I do see the announcements but I guess I have not payed attention to them as well as I should and have no idea how many there are which leads to my next question.

Where should I start?
I tried the Werewolf one in Kithicor Forest but just the basic a ravager was a really long fight. Though I was not fully time geared and only had maybe 30 AAs at the time.

Should I attempt events solo or duo?
I had read somewhere that the events got harder with the addition of a member. I really like having my bard along for his boosts and DS songs and the fact he tanks really well to give my Rogue time to BS / Evade and play healer.

What are the timeouts for the events?

I assume these are not instanced so is there some rules to follow before engaging an event?
With some of the posts I have seen lately on events I just did not want to step on anyone if I was going to try to start doing events.

I just just do not want to get in over my head if I am not ready for them.

Thanks again for any replies and or help.... Love the server and has really put me back in full EverCrack mode when I have time....Wife faction really needs work... HA

Thanks again

Toban
Rayne

Re: Events

Post by Rayne »

How many events are there?
I won't list them all, but there are at least 9 different events at a quick count (I count all goblin events and farsoth events as one each). Poru plans to add more when he has the time.

Where should you start?
Depends on your class and gear (that's a general answer). Not all the events are wise for all classes, or may have specific strengths and weaknesses. The vampire event (Althea) is a perfect example of this (there's a forum post about her). Trial and error is best, with liberal lashings of cheal potions. Many of the events are long fights, or really long fights if you're not countering their strengths.

Generally, the events in Firiona, Steamfont (not the brownie queen herself though), and South Karana (farsoth's pets) are your entry points.

Should I attempt events solo or duo?
Some events become more difficult when duo'd. The spider queen in butcher will increase attack speed and use an aoe. The beholder will occasionally nuke more than one player for 32k (so it's essentially a death touch).

What are the timeouts for the events?
Timeouts range from 8 hours upto 48 hours. Hail Mister Lockout (in PoK or Guildhall) to find out how long you have. Not all events have lockouts, but many do.

I hope that helps without spoiling too much. =)