Thoughts on LFay Vampire Mistress events

Content unique to our server.
PabstObanCD1

Thoughts on LFay Vampire Mistress events

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

So, I'm interested in doing this fight just like the others, but as you all know, this particular event isn't very melee friendly (Target is immune to physical damage).

Thankfully, she is not immune to proc effects which is something, but I imagine if she has hitpoints anywhere in the neighborhood as Mino Legend or Beholder, it would be an unnecessarily long fight for a lone warrior.

That being said... I do have a ranger I have been working on extensively and I've gotten his bow damage up to a respectable level.

Is it possible that a buff (AA buff) like Frost Arrows or Flame Arrows converts regular bow damage (physical damage) to magic damage?

If this is the case, I might be willing to give this event a chance...

...otherwise, I'll start working on my Wizard.

Thanks in advance for the advice, y'all always give good advice.

-Fatty/Johnny/Pabst/PewPew/Draxx/Skinny/Ghim
Valanya

Re: Thoughts on LFay Vampire Mistress events

Post by Valanya »

Take me about 45 mins to kill with my zerker, long and boring fight for a non caster :P
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

I personally like the LFay vampire event since most of the others have nasty abilities for 2nd on hate list. Mino and Beholder can one shot my pet. Althea is still a challenging fight but a fun one for a Mage.

FWIW, her loot isn't on par with Mino or Beholder though.

Re: Flaming/Frost Arrows. Avoid taking those AAs for now, Pabst. They're bugged. The mana-drain component works way too fast (similar to Saryrn/Terris/Quarm/Beholder debuffs) and the AA poofs once your mana hits 0.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

I asked my wife if she knew how to kill a vampire... she did.

You guys are embarrassing the gaming community! :|

Go watch a few vampire movies and try again!
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

To kill a Vampire in television

-Sunshine
-Stake to the heart
-Holy Water
-Holy Artifacts such as Crusifixes
-Beheading
-Starvation

Killing Vampires (or specifically the "Undead") in traditional RPG games both paper and video.
-Healing them
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

You're forgetting fire, which Blixxen has used quite effectively ;)
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

So back to the original question... does Flame Arrows aa ability turn your bow damage into magic damage?
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

PabstObanCD1 wrote:So back to the original question... does Flame Arrows aa ability turn your bow damage into magic damage?
No, it adds a proc. Would look up more specifics, but the EQ AA Search site is down =(
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

poru wrote: 06 Apr 2017 12:32 I asked my wife if she knew how to kill a vampire... she did.

You guys are embarrassing the gaming community! :|

Go watch a few vampire movies and try again!
Was messing around with my Ranger on this fight, and there IS, in fact, a "stake" that can be used in this fight to get through the melee invulnerability!

In Katta Castellum, there's a vendor that sells Blessed Wooden Stake. The Vampire bane damage on it will affect her! It was doing around 81 damage max (although my 1h Piercing was only 240ish and not maxed).

The loadout I'm going to try is Ethereal Destroyer main/Stake off with Fire proc augs if I can find them. Warriors might do well with Stake in both due to Crip damage. Regardless, it's still a long fight that will burn through hundreds of CH pots.
Barious

Post by Barious »

I would suggest doing this quest too: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/que ... quest=1522

I have one so far on my warrior, and it is faster and does more damage than the vendor bought stake.

-Barious