Warrior DPS

Negativity.
khaoticz

Warrior DPS

Post by khaoticz »

So I've recently created a warrior, I have PoTime/PoP gear with the epic quest done. However with all that said, warrior dps is lacking big time. We have no poisons vs other classes who can proc for 800 dmg at level 30, just to be increased with levels. Rank V poison hits 2-3k non crit, 6.3k crits I'd have to fight for a good few minutes to do what they can in 1 proc.

Almost level 60 with what I'd say is decent gear at the moment, and my max hit non disc is 112.

Can we either get warriors added to the list of people who can use poisons, or simply just increase the damage they do all together.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Warrior DPS

Post by poru »

No other class comes close to warriors at tanking.

Should I make Rogues tank better? Rogues suck at everything but single-target dps.

If you want the best of everything then you will have to group up, that's the game.

Just because everything can be solo'd doesn't mean it is always wise or enjoyable.

That said, your dps will increase greatly with the right AA points.

But your Warrior is never going to be a Rogue, and vice-versa.
khaoticz

Post by khaoticz »

In terms of best tank, then whats the difference between a Paladin or Shadowknight getting poisons, tanking AA's, and heals (obsolete) vs just a warrior.

If we are talking in terms of dps, dps classes get dps AA's. Warriors get some but very few, and the lack of damage all together.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Even Knights suck at tanking compared to Warriors.

Knights can't dual wield and miss out on a lot of proc damage compared to Warriors. Knights are at least worth playing now with their respective poisons (they can't use them all). They were heavily underrepresented and underpowered, tanking worse and doing less dps than a Warrior.

It is the same with Rogues: before poisons, Rogues were just Warriors who sucked at tanking since Backstab is mostly useless solo.

I am open to player input on class and event balance.

You need to make a real case with parse data, lore, and examples. Just wishing out loud that your chosen class is the best at everything isn't much better than trolling.

Class balance is complex and everyone has different opinions. Let's keep the big picture in mind.
khaoticz

Post by khaoticz »

I'm not wishing out loud. As a GM it would be easier for you to make both and parse before one of us equally gears the same and does it.

If your saying they cant tank evenly, have you tried recently? The poisons add TONS of dps to knights, try it.

Edit: Btw its not my chosen class, as I have a Shadowknight, Magician, Wizard, and Warrior. Been on the Emu for 10+ years, I've helped Akkadius, Hunter (previous head GM/Dev of EZ) which I played there for about 7 years, also Mort over on Raid Addicts. I'm not showing up and trying to change things, just stating what is broken.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

I am thrilled you helped other GMs but you're not really helping me here are you?

I told you how to convince me of your opinions and you already have the characters to do it, apparently.

I don't need to convince myself of your opinions, you do.

Moving to rants and flames.

Start a fresh thread when you have hard data.