Wizard Epic 1.0 - Camin

There is no substitute for experience.
ArceeE

Wizard Epic 1.0 - Camin

Post by ArceeE »

Camin is not accepting the 1000pp. I've redone the steps 8 times now (yes 8k pp!)

He responds with " "So you have met Solomen, eh? He is a man with a wealth of knowledge. It is good to hear he is well."

When hailed again: "Go away! I have no time for you!"

Then say, "What are you searching for?"

Camin says Ah! A smart one, I see! If you really wish to know about such a thing, you will have to help me finance my studies. The knowledge I have acquired and researched did not come cheaply."

Handing him 1000pp does not create a response from him.

Arcee
poru
Site Admin

Re: Wizard Epic 1.0 - Camin

Post by poru »

Camin will only give the truespirit faction hit once for the 1k pp, and only to Wizards.

It is not a critical part of the quest, just carry on.
ArceeE

Post by ArceeE »

Okay thanks )
ArceeE

Post by ArceeE »

Tried again today to carry on, he just eats the Ro's Breath Potion instead of returning it used, which is needed to continue the chain to get the golem sprocket.
crazedhobo

Post by crazedhobo »

Can confirm, Camin is not behaving correctly. I tried the 1k PP step numerous times, no Truespirit faction change. After giving up on that, tried handing in the Ro's Breath potion, he just eats it as other person mentioned.

I have additionally tried adjusting Truespirit faction manually via Shaman epic first step (+100 Truespirit), then killing Camin 3 times (-30 Truespirit each time). I tried the Ro's Breath potion step again at 10 rep with no success.

I repeated the above process for 20 rep, 30 rep, 40 rep, and 50 rep, no change. He simply eats the potion and does not give you the other version or any speech whatsoever.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Camin should now be more willing to work with Wizards who are doing the quest out of order, have to backtrack, etc.
crazedhobo

Post by crazedhobo »

Was able to complete Wizard epic successfully after the changes you made to Camin. Thank you!

A small note: Arantir will still despawn after handing him the Ro's Breath potion you get from Camin, and then hailing him. He does put the necessary quest item on your cursor so you can complete the next step, but you will need to wait for him to respawn to talk with him again for the ring turn-in step.

All subsequent steps worked as advertised per https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/que ... ?quest=769 as of 7/2/20.