Shaman Epic Bug - Cannot advance

They slow things down and enhance them.
Phentop

Shaman Epic Bug - Cannot advance

Post by Phentop »

I am on the first steps of the Shaman Epic.

I'm in West Freeport on the 2nd step of Part 1. I gave a tiny gem to Bondl Felligan. At this point, he is supposed to walk to the Jade Tiger's Den. ***He never walks to the Jade Tiger - He walks out of the sewer tunnel and wanders around outside the gates. The "a greater spirit" that are supposed to spawn inside the Jade Tiger spawned just outside the gate and would not respond to any hails or texts.

The walkthrough says - I can tell Bondl to "Go buy booze" at any time after I give him the gem and the next step in the epic will spawn "a greater spirit" inside the Jade Tiger.

I waited a few days and found Bondl in the tunnel and told him "go buy booze". He again wandered outside the gates of West Freeport. I went to the Jade Tiger and found five (5) "a greater spirit" stacked on top of each other. None of them responded to hails or the epic text dialog. I tried removing the spirits one at a time so I could hail each one - hoping to get a response - but none of them responded. Now my faction standing is in the HOLE with True Spirit.

Any help available on this?

Dirtay
Level 65 Shaman
poru
Site Admin

Re: Shaman Epic Bug - Cannot advance

Post by poru »

Bondl has sobered up a bit and is now reaching his destination in [revamped] West Freeport.

(If you're nostalgic, Bondl is functional in North Freeport as well)
Phentop

Post by Phentop »

Now when I tell Bondl (in the revamp zone) "go buy booze", he ports me to the freeport sewers and nothing happens. After a few minutes of waiting for something to happen, I went back to West Freeport (revamp zone) and went to the Jade Tiger, but no epic mobs were up. The "a greater spirit" is supposed to spawn in the basement, 1st room. It wasn't there. and after hailing it and following text, a 2nd "a greater spirit" is supposed to spawn in the 2nd basement room. Again, no spawns at all.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Sounds like you're missing a step.

Follow this Shaman Epic 1.0 Guide, it should fill in the gaps for you.
Phentop

Post by Phentop »

Yep. That's the guide I'm following.

I've given him the gem. (He walked around in circles)

I've come back and hailed him and told him to go buy booze. (he walked around in circles)

I posted these steps here. (now he says "lets go get a room at the Jade Tiger and I get ported out of West Freeport to the Freeport Sewers and he disappears and no spirits ever spawn at the Jade Tiger)
Phentop

Post by Phentop »

poru wrote: 01 Jul 2020 18:42 Sounds like you're missing a step.

Follow this Shaman Epic 1.0 Guide, it should fill in the gaps for you.
I just re-read this. There is literally no steps to miss. I'm on the first steps.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Bondl in revamped West Freeport is working fine now for me, didn't know he wasn't working until you posted.

There is no code on him to warp players.

Bondl in North Freeport has always been functional, lots of Shaman Epics have been completed on the server.

Start from scratch and follow the guide, it will work out.

Happy questing.
Phentop

Post by Phentop »

Tried it again. (revamped zone)

Bondl walked to the Jade Tiger and said a few things along the way. He walked inside, went into the casement, went to the last room and stood in the corner. Then POOOOOFFFF. NOTHING HAPPENED! No spirits. Nothing.

Trying old zone now.
Phentop

Post by Phentop »

Old zone is working now.

The revamped zone would not spawn the spirits inside the Jade Tiger.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

They both work fine, I suspected the faction hits you took from murdering Greater Spirits were an issue so I bypassed it before you got to North Freeport because I was bored with this.