Wiz epic 1.0, Challice takes the ring but doesn't give it back.

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
Emphyrio

Wiz epic 1.0, Challice takes the ring but doesn't give it back.

Post by Emphyrio »

I did all steps from the start in temple of solusek to get truespirit faction hits. When I gave arantir's ring to Challice nothing happened. I figured I might have made a mistake and went back to buy another breath or ro, give it to the wizin Erudin then to Arantir vendor form to get another ring, and this time paid attention, gave the ring to Challice, but she just east it. She cons indifferent.

Might try dumping a few thousand plats to the wiz in erudin to improve faction more, but I doubt it's the issue since it's a new char that hasn't received any negative tryeue spirit faction hit before. And didn't see any mention of this issue on the net.

Edit : I upped my truespirit faction to kindly with pegleg kill/gemstone turning in wfp, but Chalice still won't give the ring back. And I tried shortcutting to further steps by telling Arantir "I wish to hear your story" or telling Firepot in BB "What oil?" (the second one works on live apparently) but it didn't work either. It could still be a faction issue if these steps require an exact amount of truespirit faction, in which case it might be due to some of the previous steps not granting faction hits (the 2 turn ins of breath of ro potion didn't give any truespirit faction, despite the walkthroughs mentionning that they do).
arzfire

Re: Wiz epic 1.0, Challice takes the ring but doesn't give it back.

Post by arzfire »

Ok, after hearing about the troubles in OOC, I tried talking to Kandin Firepot and "what oil?" got me nothing. Firepot conned indifferent to me. So I decided to try to run through the epic again with my 65 wiz.
I started in the Temple of Sol Ro with Solomen and got the note to Camin.
I went to Camin and hailed; got the standard rude response from him. Forked over the note and he responded with dialog about meeting Solomen. After forking over the 1000 plat, he was happy and I got a TrueSpirit faction hit of +10.
Went to Halas, bought Breath of Ro from Dargon, went back to Camin. After handing Camin the Breath of Ro, I got another +10 TrueSpirit faction hit. Back to Halas, turned in Breath of Ro to Dargon, spawned Arantir.
I hailed him and he asked for the three staffs instead of handing me the ring. Eh, sorry guy already did that staff business. I tried asking about the letter to get the ring but nothing. Anyways, I asked him about the gnome and got the note to Kandin.
Back to Kandin, asked him about the oil....nothing. Turned in the note and got the dialog about his brother and a +10 TrueSpirit hit. Then I asked about the oil and he handed over the sprocket. I ended up getting a bag full of sprockets just for kicks. I now con amiable to Kandin Firepot. Not sure if any of this helps, but it's all I can do.

Arzamas
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Yep it seems here the triggers to get answers is flags for havng done the previous parts of the quest, rather than faction. That s probably why Arantir directly sent you to the gnome, because you had already done the Challice ring turning in the past. Which means we're stuck, unless Challice not giving the ring back was beacause of level restrictions. Anyway now that I have sprockets thanks to you I'll try once lvl 46 to go directly spawn the golem.

Also for the other wizard who has the same issue with Challice : the alliance trick using the coldain necklace that I told about won't work on Firepot, he is immune here (unkillable).
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

I gave wiz epic a once-over recently and missed a line of code on Chalice.

Expected behavior is Chalice always gives you the ring but only faction once.

She's fine now, give it a whirl.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Thanks! :)

Just to confirm : completed it whole without any issue at all, now.