Client other than Rof2...like UF...optimization, spell files, AA files

Client and computer problems go here.
Aniac

Client other than Rof2...like UF...optimization, spell files, AA files

Post by Aniac »

If you are using a client for Eqemu other than RoF2, or even using Rof2 and are having spell issues, like unknown spell effects, you should add a current rof2 spells file to your client, spells_us.txt from a more current client (rof2) and that should clear up many of your issues.

For example, on my old UF client, the spells_us.txt file was approximately 5mb. The spells_us.txt file for my current Rof2 client was about 25mb. So you can tell by simply looking at the size of the spell file if your current file is missing info based on the size.

If you are using UF or even Rof2 and want to optimize the settings due to poor performance (like me with a crappy computer, embedded graphics controller) then check out this link and follow all the instructions you feel are appropriate. It helps to zone once the changes are made, and even a log out, (perhaps reboot), and log back in for many of the performance enhancements to take effect.

http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=2988.0

Aniac
Last edited by Aniac on 10 Feb 2017 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Aniac

Re: Client other than Rof2...like UF...optimization

Post by Aniac »

Another tip when optimizing the UF client for play on Casual Dreams.

If you look at your AA's and seen any unknown DB errors, i.e. the name of the AA will be funky looking and more than likely there will be 15-20 of them that look like this, you will want to replace the file dbstr_us.txt in the UF client files (2.6mb) with one from the ROF2 client files (6.2mb).

As always, safety pup says to have a complete backup copy of your entire game folder, in case of a crash or other tech issue. This will make getting back up and running 1000% easier.

Aniac