New Content

Polite and constructive conversation.
Perissh

New Content

Post by Perissh »

Is there going to be any new content anytime soon? I'm at the point where I've killed everything worth killing, and my toon's are geared to the point where i really don't need to increase their stats anymore.

Is there any plans for new content? I'm afraid i'm going to have to look for another server soon, as it's getting boring killing the same mobs over and over with really no reward except for stuff to hand to new players.
poru
Site Admin

Re: New Content

Post by poru »

Even paid teams of developers on the biggest titles can't keep up with the demand for content but if you write me a big enough check I would be happy to script events 40 hours a week. 😎
Perissh

Post by Perissh »

Just checking. Just sad seeing the server go from 25-30 active people helping each other out when i started a couple months ago to now seeing it with 0 people most days and maybe 4-5 at night because it's growing stagnant.

I'll probably try out another server for now, and maybe come back if i see more content.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

I still jump on when I can but Real Life has been kicking me in the teeth. That is the draw for me at least on the server I can enjoy a quick run or do an event or 2 and get my EQ fix in. New events are great but RL just affects us all.

Jallain / Toban
Bloodsong
Eodren

Post by Eodren »

I'm just glad there is a server like this. Poru has done a great job with it. EQ is one of my favorite games of all-time. To be able to revisit it while juggling family, career, etc. is great. I don't need to see new and fresh content all the time. I worked in the game industry for years, so I know all about the race to keep things fresh constantly. EQ is not an new release. It is going on its 19th year now (an eternity) and is familiar and comfortable. Events here and there are fine, but there is no need to add an expansion every month or two, especially when there is one person in-charge of all of it.

Like Poru said, if people ponied up the money then he'd be able to crank out more stuff. That's kinda hard when you're the only one doing it, plus having a RL with a job and family to boot. Bottom line, more money = more content.

Keep up the good work Poru. I will keep donating if it means keeping Casual Dreams alive.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Let me expand my first, tired, flippant reply (sorry):

The server isn't likely to ever come down.

I do have more Events in mind, some have even been half finished for weeks, but I am just super busy at this time in my life.

I won't always be this busy.

It does not hurt my feelings when folks log off and play other games or live their lives. Keep it casual, it's healthy.

Don't worry about your characters, they will still be here when you get the itch again. :)

Donations help a lot, it's expensive to do this right (commercial hardware, fiber, etc.), but the server is never going pay-to-win or coming down because of a lack of donations.

I don't want our community to feel like it's being held hostage. This isn't a cash-grab scheme for me, I do it because I love it and I would do it more if I had the time/money.
Hexis

Post by Hexis »

Anything can be done…. Just takes two things, time & money. Poru has done a great job this is the exact kind of server I was looking for. A soloable server with very helpful and friendly players that doesn’t require me to be on at certain times to help with a raid, but also enough peeps to where if I needed help clearing ToV I could get it :) I’ll keep donating as much as I can to help it keep going.