Mangled Slimestone Labeling

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
aerieon2

Mangled Slimestone Labeling

Post by aerieon2 »

I am chaulking this up to user error. Looking at the Mangled slimestone aug I saw that it required a weapon and thought that it would fit in my 1 handed weapon (Curse-Smelted Long Blade). After more digging I found another aug Pristine Emerald of Harm, that said specifically 1 handed and confirmed that it fit. I a posting this to a) make sure my assumption is correct, b) to let you know to update the text string to help folks from making the costly mistake I did. Fortunatly you can turn back in those augs!!
Chalne

Re: Mangled Slimestone Labeling

Post by Chalne »

You failed to mention a bug or problem to be aware of? Are you asking whether the aug you found will fit in your weapon? Or are you saying that there is a bug with the aug and it did not fit in your weapon, despite the game text stating that it would?
Elspeth

Re: Mangled Slimestone Labeling

Post by Elspeth »

Chalne wrote:You failed to mention a bug or problem to be aware of? Are you asking whether the aug you found will fit in your weapon? Or are you saying that there is a bug with the aug and it did not fit in your weapon, despite the game text stating that it would?
( I was in game when this occurred )

The bug is in the labeling on the augs. Some augs are designed to go into 2-handers, some are designed for 1-handers, and some for ranged weps, however, the labeling on the emus seldom includes the designation. SO, you may buy an aug, spending adventure points on it, only to discover that it won't mount in your weapon. The vendor will buy the aug back, ( depending on the aug, and at less than full purchase price,) but if they were clearly labeled, like they are on live, it wouldn't be a problem. :?