Pop flagging

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
inwkxm

Pop flagging

Post by inwkxm »

Been going through the PoP flagging to get the free AAs and also just do it so I can say I did it.

Anyways I have gotten to a point that I think I may have found a bug. During points in the flagging you have to talk to Grand Librarian Maelin. Hail him, say What Lore or I have new Lore or What information or I have new information. He does not seem to be responding to anything. I am pretty sure that I am on track with the flagging process, but this appears to be a stopping place.

Anyways I thought I would pass it along.

Thanks,

Toban
dalien

Re: Pop flagging

Post by dalien »

I've personally done all of the PoP flags on my druid except EarthA, and can confirm that they all work, at least as of a few months ago.

Hail Seer Mal Nae`Shi in PoK (in the building next to the PoTranq stone) and say "unlock memories". This will tell if you you've missed any steps on the way up to Maelin's part.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Thanks Dalien,

I did check with the Seer last night to verify I had not missed anything and I did have a couple of Hails that I left off. Once I completed them and went back to the Seer all that was lacking was 5 of the Trials in PoJ and speaking to the Grand Librarian. In past only one trial had to be completed for progression so I have only done one.

Anyways I spoke to the Librarian again and I am still not getting any response. I will go back and check with the Seer again today when I can get online.

Just as info I have completed everything up to defeating Solusek Ro. I will let you know if I get it figured out.

Thanks again for the help.

Toban
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

I did find one thing that I thought was completed and that was the Hedge Maze Event. I went through it with Thelin Poxbourne now 2x. When you kill the A Construct of Nightmares you are supposed to be able to Hail him and he ports you out of the maze, then you get flagged. What happens appears to be he walks you through to the A Construct of Nightmares you kill him and he stands there. Does not respond to hail and you are stuck in the Maze when he disappears.

I port out of maze back to PoK and come back and hail him out side and I get an I do not have time for this message from him. So I have to start the whole thing over by talking to them again in PoT to get flagged to start the event again.

It is quit frustrating and I am not sure what I am missing here. Perhaps this is either a bug or something I am not doing right. I have reviewed it several times and all I do is follow him so he can find dagger parts, he never says anything about it. Kill along the way and finally make it to the boss A Construct of Nightmares. Kill him and Terris Thule should show up and disappoint him. Hail get ported from maze and flagged for event.

If any have some info would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Toban
dalien

Post by dalien »

I did find one thing that I thought was completed and that was the Hedge Maze Event. I went through it with Thelin Poxbourne now 2x. When you kill the A Construct of Nightmares you are supposed to be able to Hail him and he ports you out of the maze, then you get flagged. What happens appears to be he walks you through to the A Construct of Nightmares you kill him and he stands there. Does not respond to hail and you are stuck in the Maze when he disappears.
I did this last night on my mage, after you kill the Construct he does just stand there for like 5 minutes. You just have to wait around for a few, an illusion of Terris Thule will spawn in the fountain and after that you should be able to hail him for the flag.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Dalien,

So I am just going to have ask what the heck I am doing wrong?

I follow the guy through the maze. He takes me to the Contruct of Nightmare. I engage him kill him. Hail Thelin after Contruct is dead and he says and does nothing. I wait and wait to see if Terris Thule spawns in the fountain, but she never does and after about 5 min from killing Construct he disappears and I am left in the maze till I port out with Gate pot.

I really am not sure what I am doing wrong here. You are seeing something else that I am just not seeing.

Any input would be welcome :)

Thanks,

Toban
dalien

Post by dalien »

inwkxm wrote: 22 Jan 2018 14:27 Dalien,

So I am just going to have ask what the heck I am doing wrong?

I follow the guy through the maze. He takes me to the Contruct of Nightmare. I engage him kill him. Hail Thelin after Contruct is dead and he says and does nothing. I wait and wait to see if Terris Thule spawns in the fountain, but she never does and after about 5 min from killing Construct he disappears and I am left in the maze till I port out with Gate pot.

I really am not sure what I am doing wrong here. You are seeing something else that I am just not seeing.

Any input would be welcome :)

Thanks,

Toban
I am not sure, but I'll see about trying it again later and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

I don't know if it makes any difference but here's what I did exactly:
-hail him and get ported up to maze (also there are 3 mazes on the map, it ported me to the middle one)
-he stands around for like 5 minutes before he starts walking, I ran ahead a bit and killed some trash mobs while waiting, doubt this is necessary though
-once he starts walking, just follow him, when he enters most of the empty dead end rooms, mobs will spawn, make sure you kill all of them and don't hit him with an AoE or anything.
-not sure if it matters but I also made sure to stand in the center of the rooms so the mobs would aggro me and not him, he stayed out of combat for the entire event.
-once at the constructs room, I killed the mobs in the corners first before engaging him. I fought him right on his spawn point and kept Thelin out of combat.
-after construct was dead, I tried hailing him for a few minutes and nothing, then after a few the Terris illusion popped up in the fountain, he responded to hails then and gave me my flag.

That's really all I can offer, I don't know anything else except it's a long ass wait at the start and the end of the script.
dalien

Post by dalien »

Ok so I tried it again and this time it bugged out the same way it did for you, the image of Terris never spawned and Thelin just despawned after about 10 minutes. It's strange because it worked when I did it on my druid months ago, and worked when I did it on my mage a few days ago.

Here are the timers if it helps with anything:
ponightmareA maze (1/22/2018):
port to maze: 06:13:00
thelin starts walking: 06:18:36
reach construct's room: 06:42:27
construct dead: 06:46:04
terris spawns: n/a
hail for flag works: n/a
thelin despawns: 06:55:50
So I dunno, something weird is going on with it. If you were to try again my only guess would be try getting Thelin engaged in combat against the Construct if that's possible, maybe that would snap him out of his funk.
dalien

Post by dalien »

Ok so I ran the PoN maze again and figured out what we were doing wrong, it's not bugged I'm just a moron. I thought maybe it was bugged with all the pauses in the script but that's just an eqemu thing because the event was balanced around 18 players.

Anyways just do the maze as normal, the construct of nightmares drops a "Dagger Blade Shard" temporary item. Turn that in to Thelin and the Terris illusion will immediately spawn. Hail Thelin for the flag.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Dalien,

HA..That makes sense since he is supposed to be looking for dagger pieces in the script. You are not the only one who missed it...<Feeling really dumb>

I will give it another run this evening...Thank you for working with me on this. I knew I was missing something.

Toban