Epic 1.5

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
cloudwindeq

Epic 1.5

Post by cloudwindeq »

Hello,

Please find my thoughts on Epic 1.5. Any comments are welcome.

What is Epic 1.5
Subsequent quests to Epic 1.0 introduced in OMEN expansion.

Why is it good to be released in Causal Dream
It is a eye catching symbol when people is deciding which server to play. For people reached 65 level already, it is another way to attract them back.

How to implement

One easier way (to implement, not to obtain) is having a NPC for turn in of Epic 1.0 to obtain a token with Epic 1. Then need to turn in some rare drop with the token to obtain Epic 1.5.
greenspectre

Re: Epic 1.5

Post by greenspectre »

Just thought I'd leave my 2 cents here, as I do see this topic mentioned a lot in this and other POP servers. While I share everyone's love for epic 1.5 and 2.0's, there are just so many issues trying implement them in a sever that A- doesn't have the correct locations for the original quest, and B- doesn't have enough content at 65-70 to keep a 1.5/2.0 balanced.

Point A is the strongest here, in my opinion. Reducing the 1.5 to a simple turn-in quest cheapens the experience. On live, I solo'ed my SK's 1.5 while I was in my 70's and solo'ed everything but the anguish piece (which we did an 8-person or so run to get a few pieces for guildies) a bit later around 80. While the content was trivial to my character by the time I got off my butt to do it, it still FELT epic. There was a lot of time and effort put in to those quests, and it made the items more of a status symbol. It was more than just another clicky I could use on a tough fight, it was my EPIC! I worked hard for that thing. Reducing it to a turn-in on this server would rob players of that feeling. Poru would have to write a "new" quest line for classes if he wanted to keep that feeling intact. But even then it's not the same. Getting your 1.5 and 2.0 on The Hidden Forest involved a custom quest line, but it was still shorter than the original quest and was the same for all classes.

Point B is balance, and simply put, the 1.5 alone would be top-tier if not best-in-slot for most classes, as the weapons were designed with Wall of Slaughter and Riftseeker's Sanctum and Anguish in mind, and they were able to keep up with loot of THAT caliber, let alone Time loot and some DoN loots introduced via custom content.