Ranger armor set progression

They are often found horizontal.
Loric

Ranger armor set progression

Post by Loric »

what are the next armor sets for the ranger im in the "of the specter" set atm and am looking to upgrade, i looked at the planestrider set from the ornate chain pattern but it seems less than the specter set. Just dont know what im looking for next and im sure there are other rangers out there like me that are asking themselves the same question. If anyone know of a good Ranger class site too that would be helpful since outriders is shut down
Rayne

Re: Ranger armor set progression

Post by Rayne »

There are already threads that discuss armour progression (and it's virtually the same for all classes), but i'll quote an earlier post of mine:
Rayne wrote:For those that don't skip straight to endgame gear (and there are many folks on CD who choose to obtain their own gear), a common and safe gear progression path is:

Crescent -> LDoN -> Planar (patterns / drops) -> Time (patterns / drops) -> Events.

Planar gear can be further broken down into Non-elemental (drops only) -> Elemental (patterns & drops). Planar means PoP zones (if you're a classic player), and not the inferior class armour drops from Hate / Fear.

Ornate patterns (from the non-elemental planes) tend to be equivalent, or even sub-par, to LDoN gear, so these patterns can be safely skipped if you've thoroughly exhausted the LDoN gear available. I've omitted them from this path for that reason.

Most people get into problems because they try to skip to the next tier (do higher content) without a full set of the previous tier, or skip a tier completely. Obviously you'll obtain other, appropriate, drops as you level. Also, don't forget to augment your gear (especially handy for building resists to a high level).

When I first started on this server, this was my path and it works fine.
As written, if you have LDoN gear you can skip the ornate patterns.