Dungeon Teleports

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Khelbaen

Dungeon Teleports

Post by Khelbaen »

I would like to suggest that dungeons be added to our gnome teleporting friends. They do help an awful lot to get around already, but a quick stop at the shammy then a direct teleport into say...Dalnir or something would save a good amount of buff time wearing off before the adventure starts.

p.s. thanks Poru for the really fun server so far. :)
Rayne

Re: Dungeon Teleports

Post by Rayne »

Most dungeons are only a zone or two away with the Magus or a porter bot... (some zones are a bit more remote, especially Luclin ones) just my 2 copper.
Zeka

Post by Zeka »

Well if not adding more teleport spots in is not on the table then why not make buffs from the buff bot last longer? We are paying plat every time and those buffs don't last long at all.
Kattamaran

Post by Kattamaran »

If you alter the Buffduration of those then i belive that whould reflect the buffs from the player classes too. So all of the sudden the clerics own buffs whould hold longer, that whould make them op, err wait ;)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

There are items, augs, and AAs that extend the duration of buffs. Some of these are available at lower levels. I would be MUCH more supportive of having shaman / buff bots in remote zones over a "teleport to any zone / dungeon" alternative.

When we over-tune these things for these reasons, we'll find that some druid and wizard usefulness is lost (and it's important that we keep them unique and useful). I personally think the magus setup, as it is, provides a good balance. Besides, i really hope to never see something even remotely close to that Dungeon Finder from WoW in EQ... and teleporting straight to every dungeon is bordering on that.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Dungeon teleports will never happen.

Mobs are a little dispell-happy right now, it's on my to-do list.

A couple luclin cities will be added to porters when i get around to it, Seru and Katta.