Spell file

Client and computer problems go here.
Khelbaen

Spell file

Post by Khelbaen »

Hi all, due to my lack of computer skills I have only been able to find an RoF2 client that has already been modified for another server. This results in 0 spell effects and some other minor graphical glitches.

I am more than willing to purchase a legit RoF2 copy but I hear the steam one takes some adjusting to make functional.

Is there anywhere I can get a legit RoF2 client for sale? I'd really like to see some spell effects :cry: and have this wonderful solo server function as intended.
dalien

Re: Spell file

Post by dalien »

Make sure you copy over the spells_us.txt and dbstr_us.txt from this thread Unknown DB string/Wrong spells casting as that may fix the problems you're having. If you are still not seeing spell effects check your eqclient.ini and make sure that ShowSpellEffects=1 is set to "1".

I'm using the EZserver RoF2 client and it works great but you may have to do a couple other tweaks to the eqclient.ini to get it working perfectly. I wasn't able to find RoF2 for sale anywhere when I looked a few months ago, and apparently the Steam one doesn't work anymore.
Khelbaen

Post by Khelbaen »

Thank you for the link and info, I'll start poking around later today with it.
Khelbaen

Post by Khelbaen »

turns out i had spell particles set to none...again thanks for the help.

nothing to see here.