New player here, EQ is TOO FAST!

Client and computer problems go here.
Velina

New player here, EQ is TOO FAST!

Post by Velina »

Hello,

Trying to get things working correctly so I can join you guys and play on your server. I have the ROF2 client, and have followed the 'getting started' documentation. Even created a new character and got into the tutorial zone, all is great! Except it's too fast. WAY too fast. I can run 2 laps around the first big open tutorial room in all of 1 second. camping out, a 30 second process, takes me roughly 3 or 4 seconds.

If I remember correctly, this was a known issue a few years back with AMD CPU's. And I have an AMD 8350 CPU.
I've tried setting only one CPU affinity in eqclient.ini (CPUAffinity0=1) and I've also downloaded WinEQ and tried using EQPlayNice, which I *think* I've correctly configured with CPU limiting. But it didn't make a difference.

Also tested:
editing the shortcut to the following: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

Anyone know of some steps I could take to get this working in a playable state? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Barstis

Re: New player here, EQ is TOO FAST!

Post by Barstis »

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

Was the list of possible fixes I was trying to walk you through, hope this link helps some!
Velina

Re: New player here, EQ is TOO FAST!

Post by Velina »

Yep, I've tried everything on the list short of messing around with my BIOS, which I'm not willing to do (I run my 8350 at 5.1Ghz on watercooling, do 3D rendering, and EQ isn't the only game I play hehe).

FORTUNATELY... I have a second intel based desktop that I use as my box account when playing on Phinigel. I'll just use that to play (Just copied over my install directory for Emu, logged in, works fine!)

Pain in the bum issue with AMD processors =\