PoT Advice

Polite and constructive conversation.
inwkxm

PoT Advice

Post by inwkxm »

Greetings all,

I hit 65 about a week back on my Rogue and decided to see how I would do in time. I did not expect to get far my first run and I was surprised I was able to just about get through Phase 3 my first run with no AA or experience with the zone.

Since then I have gone through 3 more runs and have advanced a bit more each time gaining new gear and focusing my AA on survival. The last 2 runs I have made it to phase 4 and 5 but I have a terrible time with Vallon Zek (The FD Stun and not being able to heal), Rallos Zek (Also Stun is Brutal) and Innoruuk (Doable, but long fight with Barrier of Hatred/ the fear spell at a bad moment will ruin a heal). These 3 I have the worst time with. Vallon Zek I probably die 10 or more times with him before I can get him down and Rallos Zek and Inny I have died countless times and just finally give up.

I just wonder if maybe anyone had some advice or was it just continue to get AA and it will get easier. I made a run last night and was able to get through Phase 1-3 in under 2 hours and thought that was pretty good. I was able to clear all in Phase 4 in about 35 or 40 min except for Vallon....10 or more deaths and that killed my time having to buff up run back..Once I got him down and into Phase 5 I was able to take down Bert and Cazic with only a single death with Cazic do to poor timing a heal on my part. Then I tried Inny and got him to about 80% before I had a bad time with fear and needing to heal.

I feel Inny is doable but I am sucking wind on Vallon and Rallos with the Stun portion and just wondered if anyone had any advice or if it was just gear up more and acquire more AAs.

Sorry I know they are doable I am just not finding the right way to do it and frustrated at my lack of completing the runs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Barstis

Re: PoT Advice

Post by Barstis »

The only advice I can give for Vallon is to kill him KINDA near his door pull him out if you have to. Wait the Feign Death out then pop up and CHeal pot.

Rallos, well, I can't give advice for. That stun is insane and honestly needs looked at, its a good 15-25s stun which is pretty much guaranteed death.
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Yeah... the advice you got is sound.

Your best bet for Plane of Time is to two box.

With VZ you can just trade off tanking when he FD's one of you... that solves your problem there.

With RZ I usually just have something tank him, and the other box just make the priority making sure the tank doesn't die when stunned and killing adds as quickly as possible as they spawn.

You CAN solo both of them... but it just requires a lot of luck and running back to just chip away at them.

VZ is WAY more soloable than RZ. RZ can stun you right away, and even being a tank with a stupid amount of HP... he can still sometimes kill me before the stun wears off... especially with the adds.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Thank you both for the advice.....I was able to clear twice this weekend and had no issues with VZ.

RZ is the suck solo. But I was able to live through a few of the stuns with a heal over time potion and a well timed heal. I still died more than I would like, but with the HoT potion going through the stun I was able to make it to the end of the stun to get a big heal in.

I can see how having a second would help with pushing through his stun and I am working on getting my Bard back in the mix to see if that help me. I was never much of a boxer, but I will give it a shot.

Thank you again for the advice it did help me push through.

Jallain
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Bards I honk are the best companion box... goes well with anything and the utility and power leveling is off the charts.