Raid / Group content?

Polite and constructive conversation.
PabstObanCD1

Raid / Group content?

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Maybe this suggestion isn't in the spirit of this servers mission, but I wanted to gage people's interest or yearning for something like this (something I personally have a hankering for).

What if there were instances of particular high end raid content tuned more towards small group(s).

A zone where Casual Dreamer potions were not all allowed or rendered no effect...

A zone where even 2 boxing wasn't allowed.

How cool would it be to have the option of clearing an alternate version of NToV, Vex Thall, Ssra, Plane of Time, Plane of Sky... where you actually needed a healer, a buffer, some crowd control...

I'm not even advocating for a new place for even better loot... just the thrill of team work and accomplishing something with your friends. Some content that makes certain classes more relevant, and makes being in a guild more relevant. Content that is completely optional for people that want to do it and take on that challenge.

Again, this is just a thought that might not be something the admins ever intended for this server... just wanted to see if anyone else had the pangs of dusting off their Enchanter or Cleric/Shaman to take on something truely challenging... something you were likely to fail misirably on the first 5-10 attempts.

I absolutely love this server, but once you get to a certain point of gear and AAs, everything is achieveable... it's just a matter of wearing down what ever you are trying to kill with time and stacks of healing/curing potions.

Thoughts?
Aniac

Re: Raid / Group content?

Post by Aniac »

Ive had a similar idea as what you posted...but without some of the elements or suggestions you posted.

In general, the server is a solo (or 2box) server. However, I like the idea of content that would be more appropriate or specifically for a group. I was thinking of something like a zone similar to a Veeshans Peak, or NTOV....but with mobs that basically were geared towards a full group, be that 2 boxers or individuals, but definitely not soloable.

Until joining a guild and doing more grouping, I didnt realize how much certain aspects of that from live I was missing as well. Personally I feel like it does provide extra incentive to log in and interact with friends as opposed to just solo or grind, which eventually leads to burn out, and players fading away or moving on to another game or outlet.

As to the particulars of implementation, I obviously defer to the GM's vision, difficulty of coding certain aspects that may just be too much trouble based on the current nature of the server (e.g not allowing 2boxing, or not allowing cheal pots or other things currently on server).

Thats my 2cp for now,
Aniac
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

I agree with you sentiments as whatever is easier for the devs.

Not being a coder or being familiar how Everquest scripts work, my suggestions of methods were simply ways not knowing if it could even be done.

For instance... Sleeper CAN be solo'd but I can't imagine anyone wanting to do it more than once in a lifetime. It's cool to get a group of people down there and make short work of taking her down... even if she's just a tank and spank.

Although I like killing the Ancient Beholder and Minotaur... both for the challenge and the rewards... but fights like that seem to punish cooperation (harder to do with 2-3 than solo). Where I believe there is certainly a place for events like this and they make sense on a "Solo server" but it would be cool if those fights were even harder but designed to be taken down by a group of 6 or a phenomenally geared/aa team of 3-4 with high risk.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

PabstObanCD1 wrote:Ancient Beholder and Minotaur... seem to punish cooperation (harder to do with 2-3 than solo). ...it would be cool if those fights were even harder but designed to be taken down by a group of 6 or a phenomenally geared/aa team of 3-4 with high risk.
Some new events already scale as you guys seem to want. I think I just forgot the +reward when I did +risk.

I will see about throwing double loot on scaled lockout bosses when they are downed by a group.

More raid content is coming ;)
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Yey!!!!!!