SOLVED Having a Miserable Time

Client and computer problems go here.
Kairhial

SOLVED Having a Miserable Time

Post by Kairhial »

*SOLVED*

I still can't access the server using my Casual Dreams log in password, but I was able to work around fixing my spells by adding the provided .txt and was able to get back on using my log in via EQEMU. Still don't know why I was getting the black screen with CD log in but at least I can play again. Did have to delete and redo all the unzipping for the RoF2 but I got it. I win EQ!

As the title says, I'm miserable. I spent all day working on figuring out how to access the server correctly since I had been playing previously using an em for P99, so I was missing a LOT of what was needed to properly play Casual Dreams. I spent hours (I'm the opposite of a tech person) and finally figured it out. Sort of. I was able to get on by using EQEmu after finding a good download of RoF2. I played for a few hours in the tutorial, got to lvl 9 not paying much attention to the spell icons (which were all the same icon and no information) went to get spells only to find ALL my ranger spells were lvl 255 and I couldn't mem any of them. I was told they weren't for my class.

Okay, obviously something wasn't right. Came to the forum, did some reading, decided that maybe I should got to PoK, talk to the Mister Forum and log on using Casual Dreams password. Did all that. Changed the Host Login stuff and felt pretty happy with myself...except when I relaunched I got a black screen. Okay. Let's try a restart of the game. Same thing. Okay, let's let it sit here for awhile and maybe it's thinking. Nope. 10 min later and still black. Okay. PC restart. Same thing. Black screen.

More research. Okay. Maybe need a different spell.txt? I didn't see ANYWHERE to change any spell.txt so I just added the notebook for both suggested. Same. Now I can't even log into Casual Dreams using my EQEmu because when I try, there is no longer any Casual Dreams on the server select screen.

Can someone PLEASE help me?! Talk to me like I'm a total moron and give me some detailed suggestions. I just want to play EQ on this server!