Epics are No Trade?

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Madpeep

Epics are No Trade?

Post by Madpeep »

I'm just curious about why epic 1.0's are No Trade. If I want to do the epic and then trade it to a level one alt to play around with, is that such a problem? It's far easier to get 7,000 platinum and buy a primal/ancient prismatic weapon off a vendor and it's even easier still to get 3-6 augments to trade into the LDoN vendors for equivalent/better weapons than the epics. So I can't see it being a power/twink issue. The server doesn't have Lore or No Drop tags, which is great, I just don't understand why it still has some No Trade tags. Isn't making them attunable like almost everything else enough? So that only one character can ever use them? Anyway, I was just wondering. It's not a huge deal, but one of the reasons I did choose this server over others was because I thought that I could give the relatively useless epics to alts to use. I don't think I'll actually get 2.0's on every class, but I do plan on getting every single 1.0. I'm quite far into that personal quest already. Multitasking and completing them all simultaneously.

Just as an example, my level 46 ranger placed his swiftwind right into his charm slot (upgrades 36% haste from cowl/CoF to 40% haste, at least) and Earthcaller went right into the bank, since it's relatively useless....Even at level 46. And I haven't even gotten to late game yet. Only a few characters in levels 46-55 atm. So he's not twinked, he just easily found equivalent/better long before he completed his epic.

Just to be clear, this isn't a complaint and I'm quite happy exploring the server. I'm just curious why they're No Trade. I haven't come across a single other item that's no trade except for the 1.0 epics so far.