Type 8 (Raid) Augs

Polite and constructive conversation.
Scythes

Type 8 (Raid) Augs

Post by Scythes »

Anyone know of any good places to get Type 8 Augs apart from LDoN merchants?

I'm currently a level 63 Wizard so not in PoTime yet but I have got a fair amount of gear with only Type 8 slots and I've found nothing to fill them with! Guess I could go with all resist augs from LDoN?

I do have a couple of Tainted Brownie hearts so I'm assuming some of the event mobs may drop some?
Eden

Re: Type 8 (Raid) Augs

Post by Eden »

I believe the splitpaw augments drop fairly common in Paw and you should be able to manage taking out enemies there pretty well. This may be your best bet until you're stronger or grouped.

The brownie augments are pretty good until you can fill out slots with better. I can farm these fairly fast if you would like some.
(Usually playing "Belle" in game, if I don't reply I'm afk)

The Smokey and Dirty Augments sometimes drop from Unicorn chests and various custom world enemies, the enemies will be far more difficult currently.

I run into random augments from time to time but nothing consistent worth mention, sometimes Paw augments will drop in Time, or the occasional petrified dragon eye.

The Bridge Troll will drop Unharnessed Soul Gems if you have three or more players attacking it while it's health drops beyond 90%, it transforms and gains more/better loot which is occasionally the Soul Gems.
Scythes

Post by Scythes »

Thanks for the reply Eden.

I'll go give Paw a try later and see what I can get.

I dinged 65 last night so will start working on some AAs (got about 80 right now). I'm assuming I'm gonna have to gear / AA up a lot more to do special events? I killed a 65 brownie the other day but it took forever!!
Eden

Post by Eden »

Yeah it will likely take a good bit of AA and better items to do some of the custom content enemies, and very likely assistance from someone else. Some of them are quite nasty and Wizards may be able to dish out absurd amounts of damage, but some enemies have some really nasty surprises up their sleeves.

Some of the Brownies are much nastier than others also, so be cautious fighting them as well.

The biggest problems I encountered while playing a straight caster class were enemies attacking so fast they very frequently interrupt spells which drastically reduces your damage output, enemies that have absurd resistances which also shut down your damage abilities, and finally there are a few enemies that have the ability to totally drain mana and stop recovery (Get spurn affliction potions to remove these effects!). BUT casters are so fun to play overall!

You can solo very effective in most places, and enjoy a great deal of exploration, but some stuff will just require a partner or small team to overcome. Typically the harder content that requires assistance also provides far better item rewards along with the joy of the challenge.
Scythes

Post by Scythes »

On this server, the Wiz is surprisingly tanky! I can pull about 15 normal yellow mobs and AoE them down without much issue. Yes there are some interrupts but he gets spells off most of the time.

I've invested in some CA / CS AAs and the other channelling AA which helps. I've also been getting as much Avoidance gear I can find too.

I fought the mob in Vex Thal yesterday that holds the palace key and it hits insanely fast! I just had to stand there and let my DS gradually wear it down!
Scythes

Post by Scythes »

Hey Eden, I noticed Belle traded some Tainted Brownie augs with my wiz so I'm assuming it was you. I was AFK but I had MQ2 auto trade enabled so please don't think I was giving you the silent treatment! I'm most grateful!
Pholo

Post by Pholo »

Raid bosses will sometimes drop either Dirty Green Gemstones or Smokey Green Gemstones and they are some of the best you can get. Also if you fully loot a corpse there is a very small chance for a Unicorn to appear, if you heal it to full (takes about 17 potions of serious healing) it'll drop a chest with one of the green gemstone as well. Then there is my favorite punching bag the bridge troll in Hollowshade Moore that if you are able to engage it with more then 3 characters before it loses 10% hp then it'll change into a Troll Devourer and have a chance to drop the Unharnessed Soul Gem.

Bridge Troll is one of the easier event mobs as well and a death only means a free trip back to your bind point so its worth it to test yourself on her every now and then to see if you can take her on. Bring some healing and spur affliction pots though. Since the bridge troll only has a 2 hour lock out and usually respawns around that time as well its a quick way to get some extra hp/mp and some heroic stats, though I like to have my resists either maxed or close to maxed without the lonely shaman buffs so Smokies are my go to for that.