Progression Newbie

Polite and constructive conversation.
inwkxm

Progression Newbie

Post by inwkxm »

I feel like such a Newbie asking this question, but this server is just so different than live and so much fun.

Is there are specific progression leveling, quest or gearing path that some would recommend for leveling up to get to a point to raid.

For instance most would not start the raiding path till 50ish range when you gather to take on Vox, Naggy, or some of the old planes. And before getting to that point you were working on getting resist gear to just be able to survive those encounters. I just feel like I maybe missing things and possibly not spending my time wisely by going through some of the old dungeons and camping things like Ruined Bone Fork for instance.

I am still learning the new layout for questing since I left right after the PoP time frame and to be honest Leveling up was so much different for me back then.

I do love the server a ton but being who I am, I know me and want to progress efficiently not so much quickly but in such a way that I do not miss something because I am lacking in certain knowledge about the in's and out's of the server.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Thanks again,

Toban
jaylarr

Re: Progression Newbie

Post by jaylarr »

Either is certainly viable, if you want to take time and visit old zones, upgrade gear and see things from the past years - do it! I certainly had fun doing a highlight reel of my time on Live. If you want to grind xp and get to the higher end content quicker, just find a zone where you can chain pull and have at it - you'll want to upgrade from time to time, but it won't be as necessary and you're probably better served to xp some place where you can get efficient plat income to purchase weapons from a merchant than camping something specific (unless it's an easy to acquire drop)