Good duo for leveling the old fashioned Way

Polite and constructive conversation.
Symptym

Good duo for leveling the old fashioned Way

Post by Symptym »

I’m leveling a warrior and wizard together with AE style, Casual Dreams grinding. The wiz does most of the heavy lifting and it’s enjoyable.

But I’m looking for two classes to play together to level up going through the content in a true old school progression model...

Phinny
Nagy/Vox
Fear/Hate/Sky
Trak/VS
3 Kings
WToV/HoT/ToV

So on and so forth.

I don’t particularly have a character preference here. I’d like it to be fast but not wizard ae fast. I kill red cons so fast with the wiz I’m not really facing much of a challenge with him. Which is fun... but looking for a different character set to play slower.
y2sky2003

Re: Good duo for leveling the old fashioned Way

Post by y2sky2003 »

Monks are good for this. I did a "Classic leveling challenge" with one and it was quite fun. Melee, but highly interactive. My final time was around 21.75 hours to level 60.

Rules I used:

- Only Lonely Shaman or your own buffs/heals allowed (no potions, and I clicked off anything from other PCs or Arena XP boost)
- Only Classic, Kunark, or Velious zones allowed (revamped zones are ok since going to non-revamp versions are buggy)
- Only Classic, Kunark, or Velious gear/spells allowed (but you CAN twink, I consider not twinking a different challenge)
- Event mobs (e.g. Halloween undead, Thanksgiving turkeys) are ok
- Using PoK/Magus/Fabled JBoots for travel is ok (the point is playing a classic character, not time sinks)
- Using PoK/Bazaar/Casual Dreams merchants is ok (as long as you still adhere to classic gear rule)

As far as a duo, I'm drawing a blank. It could be fun to do a melee duo to just mow stuff down rather than one-shot everything. If you haven't leveled a Ranger yet, this might be the time to do so (although bow damage buff might be just as strong as wiz in early game, not sure. Can just strictly weave lower spells and melee as Ranger.). Then, you have a strong leveled DPS box that'll wreck endgame content for you if you finish past 60.