My idea for the Enchanter, the bastard children of CD.

Polite and constructive conversation.
Sephiroth781

My idea for the Enchanter, the bastard children of CD.

Post by Sephiroth781 »

:idea:

So we all know every class can succeed, that's even when such words as "Borderline Unplayable" are used to describe one class in particular.

Poor Enchanters! Cornerstone of live, but here they are dead last in all things. It's not their fault; they were designed for a different time, when crowd control was necessary. To this day the thought of dueling one is unthinkable.

So what to do? Here are some ideas that fit the theme.

1) 1h Slash Skill and / or allow some swords as usable by Enchanters. This might not make sense yet, but keep reading.

2) Unique Spell Lines (Proc Spells): Basically give Enchanter their own self-only lines of buff spells that add effects to their weapons like DD, DOT, AOE (PB or otherwise), Negative Effect, Temporary Boosts or whatever. These two changes the class from a useless cloth wearing stabby with an unruly pet, to a risky melee caster with the potential to deal some major havok. Especially if you...

3) Don't Change Armor: High DPS and risky could be just the thing to reinvigorate the class.

4) Wizard Spells... 6 levels later: only DD and maybe PB spells. Mostly used to pull without needing ranged weapons.

5) Improved DS spells and Runes. Takes some edge off but certainly not something to rely on in a long fight.

Not sure how much of this is even possible as I am not a modder. Any thoughts?
Kattamaran

Re: My idea for the Enchanter, the bastard children of CD.

Post by Kattamaran »

I dont think Poru has the time to redesign the class, especially on the core level.
I think they need very little improvment. Add a Buff spell for their charmed Pets (Proc, Haste, skill mod, no idea what you can do to make em hit harder...). Something really Badass. When charm brakes it could mean your death because of the buff (high risk vs reward). And remove the "not able to charm" flag from most mobs.
Maybe the buff could bump a level 1 moossnake to a level 70 moossnake. :-)
Kattamaran

Post by Kattamaran »

A buff proc for them self might be something to fix them but there already are rogues with poisons and other classes also since the poison patch.
Sephiroth781

Post by Sephiroth781 »

True, and seeing the class become more based on their charms would be awesome in its own right. Seems like there is a huge shift towards melee on this server, so I tried to come up with something comparable.

Was just a thought.
Sephiroth781

Post by Sephiroth781 »

Ok so is it possible to script a buff as part of the actual charm spell to make Charmed pets as formidable as other pet classes? That in and of itself would help fix the class for CD. It was already mentioned that this was done on a different server, but how did they do it?
poru
Site Admin

Charm enhanced

Post by poru »

Charm spells now enhance their victims to be as powerful as Player Pets or better.

Please report any unexpected behavior.

Loaded zones may need to expire/reload before change takes effect.

Thank you all for the constructive feedback and suggestions.

Kudos all around!
:D
Kattamaran

Post by Kattamaran »

Cool thanks Poru!

Or better should be better all times :-) . What modifications are happening? Could this somehow be made in conjunction with the player? Like the 65ish mage pet that tears throu lower level content? What happens if a 65ish chanter wants to get something from a lvl 50ish zone?
And can pot be done with a charmed pet? Lets say in phase 4 i charm a pet to kill the gods?
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

It is based on the level of the mob.

If you Dire Charm a level 15 mob you will have a level 15 pet.

I fixed all charm spells so Druid, Necro, and Bard charms of all levels will enhance their victims.

Charm duration is also enhanced to make life less stressful.

When charm fades the mob is toned-down again.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

With DC enhanced, is it possible to have "Pet Affinity" work with the Enchanter's DC pet? (DC is much more fun than their animations)

It normally only works for summoned pets, and obviously you can't take the DC mob to PoK for a shammy buff (hmm....fairy lamp buffs?), but group spells such as "Vallon's Quickening" (L65, Enc) won't attach to the DC pet, which IMO is a negative versus actual pets.
dalien

Post by dalien »

Just took the new Dire Charm for a spin, charmed a Deadly Earth Armadillo in PoEarthA. Had him duke it out (unbuffed) with another Deadly Earth Armadillo and he killed it with 75% of his life remaining. With a full suite of druid buffs and pet haste he killed one with 90% of his life remaining. So yeah they're much stronger now, adds a whole new dimension to the game for charm classes.

Lamp buffs do not work, and neither do songs (at least my Spirit of the Wood AA buff that shows up in the "songs" window doesn't). Druids don't have a Pet Affinity AA though so maybe these work if you have that.