Spell Resists

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Garlok

Spell Resists

Post by Garlok »

One thing I've noticed on this server is that anything 5 levels or higher than you resists everything cast on it save for HT. This also includes debuff spells. Is there any way to lower the resists a little to combat against this? I'm not asking to make it easier for us to fight things 10-20 levels higher than us, but when I'm lvl 20 trying to kill a lvl 25 hag or goblin, and the only thing hitting it is the DS, and then they run, causing a train, its frustrating as all hell.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Spell Resists

Post by poru »

This is working as intended on Casual Dreams. Level 20s didn't solo level 25 mobs with regularity on live... because the resist rate was too high to make it worth it. Fight mobs your level to avoid frustration.

The emulator's resist code does not scale smoothly and I don't have time to rewrite the software. A resist hardcap is the best solution I have come up with. No matter how I adjusted mob resists before the hardcap, people were killing mobs 20 levels higher than themselves because that was the old hardcap. The resist hardcap is +6 levels on Casual Dreams and will remain that way until the emulator resist code is rewritten.