New visitors in Nadox.

Polite and constructive conversation.
PabstObanCD1

New visitors in Nadox.

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

That's all i'm gonna say. Watch your back. ;)
PabstObanCD1

Re: New visitors in Nadox.

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Trying to express something without spoilers for people that haven't logged in since yesterday...

...the visitors are everywhere, not just Nadox.

They seem to be very cross with people on the hunt for quick AA advancement and at first it was a welcome challenge, it has slowly starting to feel like deer in your back yard. Cute to look at until they fill your yard with poop and eat your garden. :)

Maybe there can be some sort of cool down on how often these visitors might show up to protest your advancement?
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Also... I can see how these visitors can be a more unwelcome or troublesome visitor to someone not decked out in full Time Gear and already having 100 AAs. If say an undergeared mate showed up that just dinged 65 might be unprepared for an encounter such as this... be it Nadox or some place much much harder like say Plane of Fire.
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

Define "everywhere", where have they been spotted? I've only seen in Nadox and Umbral Plains.

Also, if this mechanic is meant to enforce a certain constraint or ruleset, it'd be nice to actually know what that is. We've gotten multiple changes lately that haven't been fully documented outside of a brief OOC detail here and there.
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Zones I tried, it was in 100% of zones I tried:

Crypt of Nadox
Hates Fury
Plane of Innovation
Plane of Hate
Plane of Nightmares
Plane of Fire
Maidens Eye
Umbral Plains
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

The best I can describe the rule is... in zones where zone pulls are possible, the mass death of Mobs triggers a level 65 rogue that begins attacking you from behind. They hit normally in the 200s and double attack. If they manage to get a round in behind you, can backstab for considerably more damage.

The new mobs have movement code where they will occasionally reposition themselves behind you. Their hit points are probably in the same ball park as the tougher named mobs in the trials of Plane of Time right before the Avatar of Elements.

On their own, they very manageable, but they spawn in the middle of your big pull and with aoe lag can take you out if you are unlucky or not paying attention.

There doesn't seem to be any cool down on them respawning after they have been killed (I've killed as many as 4 in the span of about an hour). I have never seen more than 1 spawn at a time. I'm guessing they have a 1:100 chance of spawning which seems rare, but if you are AOE xp'ing they spawn almost every time.

They either don't despawn, or take a while to despawn. Since they appear out of thin air, they don't seem to retreat to any particular spawn point.

The mobs I have run into are all the same with exception of Nadox which has a different name and different loot table. Same difficulty I assessed.

The loot of the Nadox named is always her two daggers (one is Exceptional for the risk/reward and the other is of Plane of Time God quality). The exceptional one is the 6th evolution of a dagger in a later expansion. The other loot pieces I would put at Vanilla Plane remake quality (items with around 50-80hp). The bandits loot are considerably less impressive for about the same risk. All the weapons vendor nicely and I'm sure make great pet weapons like the Ravagers on Kithicor.

That's all I got, any more particulars will have to come from Poru.
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

May have been some tweaks.

Did some pretty big pulls yesterday and I did have some visitors... but it didn't seem as often.
Kikyo

Post by Kikyo »

They are also in The Deep and had one pop on me during a raid mob fight in VT which was vexing.
(Note, popped in The Deep with level 55 rogue who had a HELL of a time taking this mob out, Pretty much sets these zone to AA farming only)
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

They only pop for level 65 characters and they are not going away.