Post by Aniac »

Could also make for some interesting zone ins to Sleepers Tomb~

:lol:

Aniac
poru
Site Admin

Re: The Sleeper dies again

Post by poru »

He parks in that big lobby that the Master of the Guard overlooks.
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

For those that urged me to get my butt into Time... I did!

Recently Strider hooked me up with an Earthshaker and after a few zone pulls I hit level 65 and headed Plane of Time for my first solo try.

At level 65 with 58 AAs (all combat agility and combat stability with some planar power) I was able to clear and defeat Terris Thule/Saryn and I put in a good 4 hours. No deaths and about 4-5 trips back to rebuff and dump my inventory in the bank.

I had to stop there... not because I couldn't go any further but that at my AA level and not having the most ideal gear for the Jaunt... it just got too late.

I bet that if I had maybe 2-3 more hours to commit to it I could have cleared to Quarm and defeated it... but it was already past 3am EST and I had to wake up at 6:30am to start my day.

It was a learning experience and I did snag a couple upgrades and some stellar augment upgrades. I might not return until I get about 50-100 more AAs and I'm going to focus on offensive ones to speed things up.

Avatar of the Elements.... holy S! That guys got more hit points than Rocky Balboa. I want to say it was a 23min fight!

Thanks for pushing me in there. I really needed to experience it at this stage of my development to appreciate the benefits and the grind to aquiring the must have AAs.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

Pabst,

Thats great. It sounds like you had a good run. Much better than my first trip to PoTimeB...I had never been before and had no clue what I was doing. When I made it to phase 4 (saryn, terris etc)...I looked around...and randomly chose to attack Vallon first...oops. Mistake on my part. I got owned. I had about 150 AA's on the rogue at the time and only a couple pieces of timeB gear from phase 1-3.

The next timeB run, I cleared all...and at that time...the hardest fights for me were Innoruk and Rallos Zek. Quarm was a longer fight than some of the other bosses, but not as difficult. It was taking me about 6.5 - 7 hours my first several clearings, and got faster after that, as I geared and learned the zone. I get about 10AA's per timeB clearing...when killing all the trasher mobs and summoned mobs. Earlier on, the trash guards in phase 5 would repop as I was killing, being killed and rebuffing etc. More AA's is how I looked at it, and you can get decent augments even off the trashers.

AA's can definitely be obtained at a quicker pace elsewhere, however, if you factor in the upgrades etc, it really is productive. Also, timeB is where most people get extra loots for their alts. I didnt have an alt until I had done TimeB many times. I literally did a timeB run nearly every day for a week. So at the end of that week, I added about 60 AA's and loads of upgrades. It was a tipping point in toon progression.

Also, use all of your offensive disciplines throughout your run, every bit of DPS helps make it faster. Once you have your technique down, you can start killing several of the phase 1-2 encounter groups and eventually some or all of the phase 5 trasher guards simultaneously. That helps to speed up time~ most ricky tic tok.

All the foregoing info, is mainly why I suggested to get your TimeB on. :D

Aniac
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Second run at Plane of Time was so much quicker.

I focused on offensive AAs and it made a world of difference.

I cleared all the way to phase 5 and only had RZ and Innoruuk left. I think I could have done a full clear but it was just getting late.

So far the challenges I ran into with warriors is VZ is hard and a bad stun can kill you and there's not much you can do about it other than to get better gear and defensive AAs. Took me about 6 deaths to sort him out.

Bert and CT were pushovers but had a lot of HPs.

I quit on Inny cuz at around 50% my haste ran out and I didn't feel like tank n spanking him for another 20 mins or rebuffing so I went to bed.

I hear RZ is the toughest one for warrior. Any advice for warrior is welcomed.

I guess the best I can hope for with warrior is a 5-6 hour solo clear and it's pretty slow paced.

I will push to do it... at 175AAs at the moment... will probably need 250-300 to be able to finish in one sitting and maybe 300-400 to finish at the 5 hour mark.
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

That's a lot of improvement. A couple notes based on what you said:

- VZ's stun also comes with a feign death component. When it hits, don't move and definitely don't sit up until you see the "You are no longer stunned" message. Granted, that same FD component can also fail to aggro wipe, which is sads.

- RZ for soloers is, unfortunately, a zerg fight. The 20 second stun is unresistable as a proc, but stun resist might make the stun component miss once or twice. That stat is harder to come by for warriors than casters, however. Since you don't use spells, you should be able to just run back and keep beating on him after a death (no real penalty except for time off the clock). For my Mage it's a ROYAL pain (mem spells, summon pet, summon toys, equip pet) which is why I mostly duo or 2-box Time =).

- Start the raid packing full stacks of DS potions and haste potions. Haste especially since it wears off so quickly. Run back and re-apply resist buffs for P4 and P5. The gods have nasty debuffs.