FIXED: SK epic Bug

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
iadas

Post by iadas »

I was following the guide written by someone in the comments of the EQ SK quest on Allakhazam:

Run to the Hole, to the Strong Box (bank area of city - behind mock wall in back inside building) are the chests (3)
- Kill “mimic” (chests – Respawn 22 mins) until get cell key,
( ) Back to Toxx, go to Ratman Jail and find Caradon (yeah- no despawn) – in trade window put cell key, INVIS, trade.
( ) Kyrenna pops, kill Kyrenna, loot Blood of Kyrenna and Heart of Kyrenna

I got the key from the mimics, and found Caradon. I attempted to trade the key (invised and visible) and nothing happened. I tried to hail him, and say the lines that would prompt him for a response, but he just faces you and says nothing. when I do give him the key, he says back, "I have no need for this Gelshadow, you can have it back".

Thanks!
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

This wasn't really a bug, but I fixed it anyway.

This happens when Shadow Knights skip steps in the epic quest and miss out on faction.

The faction requirement is pointless so I have removed the requirement from Caradon and given a faction boost in the early stages of the epic quest to hopefully solve any more problems for future SKs.

I discovered that Caradon had a placeholder, which was not the case on live. I fixed that as well.

Also, Kyrenna spawned in a weird spot. She now spawns next to Caradon as she should.

Happy hunting. :)