Best Augs for Epic in Charm Slot? & BiC Aug questions

Polite and constructive conversation.
caenyien

Best Augs for Epic in Charm Slot? & BiC Aug questions

Post by caenyien »

Sup All,

Now that epics are out, I am curious what you guys think are the best augs for them. The only ones I could find that fit are the BiC Augs (Dirty Green Gemstone and Smokey Green Gemstone.)

Have you guys seen Other BiC Augs? I would like to find a way to fill all 4 slots. Perhaps I need to mass kill in some lower zones?
caenyien

Re: Best Augs for Epic in Charm Slot? & BiC Aug questions

Post by caenyien »

Replying to my own questions because talking to yourself is cool.

The only augs that seem to fit are weapon augs and dirty green / smokey green gemstone.

I have yet to find lower level BiC augs.

To fill all 4 slots in epic with 4x smokey you'll need a pre RoF2 client temporarily so you can do the old dummy aug trick. (Titanium worked ok for me for this task.)
Here's a preview of my Sk's completed epic, if you are wondering if this is worth it for your character.

Kikyo

Post by Kikyo »

Yea the green gemstones are probably the best choice here. I was hoping the lifeseeds would work (+12 to all resists) but they are Not for charms, same with the +12 resist slot 8 augs AND the +50atk augs. Either way its fantastic that they fit in all 4 slots... those resists!
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

At some point you become base stat capped and the only thing smokies are good for is a small boost of HP and AC.
Karm

Post by Karm »

/Necro thread!

Just for future reference I would say:

Unharnessed Soul Gem Drops off of Bridge Troll when 3 players engage before 90%
Smokey Green Gemstone
Dirty Green Gemstone
Steamvent Ruby

It looks like Lifeseed Emerald has been changed on CD and can now be put in the charm slot if you don't have the Steamvent ruby.

If your resists are capped, look at caster foci. If you find one that matches the procs on your weapon/augs then it will increase your damage.
Or if you are a wizard and you have all your spell damage foci on your gear then you might not have beneficial spell haste, which will decrease your port cast times!
Pholo

Post by Pholo »

Until you can get a Unharnessed Soul gem and maybe even afterwards if you don't need the resists and AC of the Steamvent Ruby I'd suggest getting a Kotiz's Empowering Essence. Just be sure you put your gemstones in the type 4 and 8 slots first and add the others to the slot 7s since the Ruby and Essence cant fit into the other 2 types.