Little something to motivate people to kill bosses with undesirable loot.

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
PabstObanCD1

Little something to motivate people to kill bosses with undesirable loot.

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Just a thought.

I just realized I've maxed out 4 characters and the only elemental God I took the time to kill was Corinav (and I failed because I didn't kill him fast enough). Never tried Tribubal, Mithaniel Marr... Saryn. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, but Everquest at least for me is about making your character as Pimp as possible.

Maybe there could be something to incentivize killing the bosses of Planes of Power at all levels (outside of Plane of Time) and maybe the hardest bosses of Luclin/Velious. Doesn't even have to be uber loot or anything, maybe just something fun or competitive.

Maybe:

-Graphical augments for weapons.
-Augments we haven't seen yet.
-Vanity items (stuff that turns you into stuff)
-Mounts
-Clicky Items with convenience effects (Invis, CoH, teleport here or there).
-Maybe quest items that would produce any of these things to make it harder or lower chance to keep you coming back.

Just a thought! :)
Kikyo

Re: Little something to motivate people to kill bosses with undesirable loot.

Post by Kikyo »

anything to drive kill more other raid mobs is always a good thing IMO. Would be great if these non POTb mobs dropped or were added to some sort of quest.

I would even go as far to say Server specific slot 20 items with nifty procs (slows, DoTs, PBAOEs ect) or have them drop a server currency item to upgrade charm or something. Either way i agree with Pabst here. :lol:
cirellio

Post by cirellio »

I think implementing achievements for this purpose would be great. If you really want people to relive the past on this server, this could become a very fun scavenger hunt that brings people back into the old content.

For example, a set of achievements for killing all the iconic mobs in the original EverQuest, a set of achievements for killing all the iconic mobs in Velious (such as Vaniki, Lodizal, Dain Frostreaver IV, Lord Feshlak, Progenitor, Sleeper), etc. Right now the only draw to defeat some of these guys is the loot when you are starting out. As is, you quickly end up with twink gear that surpasses most of the stuff that can drop, so there's little reason to do anything but grind at the most efficient spots.

Some kind of simple award for completing an entire set of achievements (+stats, +regen, +HP, custom titles, vanity illusions) would work.

So, the achievements would serve as a checklist, a bucketlist of things you should do in EQ before you die. For the original EQ: Defeat Lord Naggy, Defeat Lady Vox, Defeat Fippy Darkpaw, Defeat Trakanon, Defeat Phinny, Kill a Freeport guard, etc. Faction is easy to repair on this server, anyway, so no worries there.

It would be even more amazing if part of that checklist was completing classic quests, such as earning your epic 1.0, obtaining the Worker Sledgemallet (which kind of has no purpose on this server otherwise), the Ring of Scale, the Coldain Ring War, Fisherman's Companion, etc.

Classic crafting could also be part of the list, to encourage people to use skills for something other than crafting planar armor. But most amazing would be fun things added to the checklist that encourage exploration like "Find the drowned citizens" or "Stand on top of High Keep" or "See the graffiti in Neriak" or ... finding famous secret rooms behind false walls.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

I do have an idea along these lines that has been half finished for a while, I am just pressed for time currently.

I appreciate the brainstorming, it helps bring focus.
cirellio

Post by cirellio »

poru wrote: 19 Mar 2019 12:04 I do have an idea along these lines that has been half finished for a while, I am just pressed for time currently.

I appreciate the brainstorming, it helps bring focus.
Wow, that's wonderful and exciting to hear! Thank you!
Hexis

Post by Hexis »

I have to agree with this, I love hitting up the old zone raid bosses but the loot is really just not worth it even tho some of them still put up a decent fight…. “Emp Ssra” for example….. new items to drop from all the expansion raid guys would make people explore more territories as well….. I do that anyways but I am personally a huge fan of Kunark and would be stocked to go through VP to slay some dragons that carried some usable gear for 65s