Wizard Casting question

Client and computer problems go here.
inwkxm

Wizard Casting question

Post by inwkxm »

Not sure if this is me or a bug or just normal. I just have to ask because never played a wizard in live and thought I would give it a go here to see how I liked it.

While the class is a big glass cannon, the casting seems odd to me. When I cast any spell, and I do mean any spell. Gate, buff, DD, AOE, PBAOE, anything there is a pause before it fires. For example gate for any other casting class is cast (cast bar time) and fire. For wizard it is cast (cast bar time) / pause / fire there is just a delay before it fires off.

My assumption is there is something wrong on my side that I need to fix, but I am not sure where to start since other casters on the same account appear to be working fine. Just thought I would throw this out to the community and see if anyone else has seen something like this and what the fix might be.

Thanks,

Toban
poru
Site Admin

Re: Wizard Casting question

Post by poru »

Definitely not normal. Spells behave normally for my wizard.

Kind of reminds me of this issue.

You can try swapping out your spells_us.txt and/or dbstr_us.txt (make backups of the old ones just in case).

Also, might try deleting any file with your wizard's name in it to reset everything to default.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Thanks Poru... I will give it a shot and let you know what happens.

Toban
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Made the change to spell file and that did the trick. Thank you again Poru.. I could have swore I had that file in place but I guess not.

Thank you again for the assistance.

Toban