New To Server

Polite and constructive conversation.
trenqil

New To Server

Post by trenqil »

I'm in the process of trying to set up this Emu on my PC (trying to find a work around the Black Screen issue - suitable client is hard to come by)
Seems awesome - Want to revisit those memories of sleepless nights raiding in EQ and camping repops.
Any advise to a returning Addict, err player? How are the mechanics different from Live?

For soloing the raid mobs - which class would you guys suggest? Partial to the Monk or Rogue.
Any leveling or gearing tips?
Any guilds accepting new players?
inwkxm

Re: New To Server

Post by inwkxm »

For starting out there are some Augs you can sell to the LDON vendors in the Bazaar. Not all augs sell to them but the +10 stat augs do and give you 250 points per aug. These seem to have a chance to drop for 25+ mobs. There are other augs that sell to them but the +10 stat ones are what comes to mind when I started out that I horded for alts later. Check for me online I might still have some and will pass them your way....Might even have some gear I can pass to you as well.

Anyways the LDON armor will carry you through to planes raiding. I have recently started going the the flagging process for pop and the gear that drops from this has upgraded my SK pretty well. Once you get into PoT and gear up there with a some AA's behind you you can start doing some of the server events.

The event appears to be 3 to 4 tiered. There is an event in FV and Karana's that are beginning tier events and you could probably do them as a fresh 65 to cut your teeth on them. Next tier would be the goblin events but it is pretty tough followed by the next tier for Mino and Beholder events among others. The last event which I have not tried yet is the Sleeper himself. You will see the events announce as a system message every now and then as you level up. Just know these events are pretty tough and most if not all scale up the more people do them, but they are fun.

As for classes all of them can solo just fine here. Rogues are great but monks are as well. There is also a place in the Arena that you can go work on training skills up and some of the dummies are there to see if you are ready for the harder encounters.

Leveling up, well that is completely up to you. My first run I wanted to go back through all the old world leveling spots just to remember how it was. All zones have the same EXP modifier so I am told, so you will get the same EXP no matter where you go. But man it was a hoot going after Naggy and taking him out at 52 on my own. Sorry personal thought... HA

Epics 1.0 are available and while you may not wield it for long you will keep it. It is probably the best charm slot item you can have once you fill it out with Augs in it. Doing the Epic quest solo has been fun. Start it early if you can as it will be a nice item to have in your inventory for a long time.

Save your coin... Heal pots, Buffs, Elemental armor mats and Poisons are not cheap. You will go through heal pots and buff, but the elemental armor mats are really high. You can make your own mats but will have to farm for some of the items to do it...This will also make you a lot of coin too if you sell back the left overs. Poisons are steep too, but if you are playing a Rogue or a class that is able to use them it will be a lot more DPS added to your character.

Hope that helps. There is a guide that Aniac wrote some time back. I followed it pretty close when I got started. I pretty sure it is tagged at the top of the General section. If I am on just shoot me a message and I will try to help any way I can..Toban (Bard) or Jallain (Rogue) one of the 2 should be on in the evening most of the time.
trenqil

Post by trenqil »

Thanks for the info.

Besides Rogues, who else can use poisons?

Yeah, this game brings a lot o nostalgia.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

I think it is bards/knights/priests/casters that can use the poisons. Never as strong as the 65 poison a Rogue can use but it is still effective.

Have not tried it with Priests/casters, but bard / knights it does help boost dps up a good amount.

Warriors and Zerkers both have decent DPS due to going below 90% health and getting Crip Crits till they are healed to 95%. Monks well Monks just kungfu things to death and Beastlords they have Pet and Kungfu light with slow.

Like I said all classes can solo well, but your play style is different depending on the class. Regening HP and mana to 100 out of combat helps a ton and I do not think I have ever had a mana issue with any class unless I am fighting a mob that has a mana destroy spell casted on me. Some critters will dispell --- I am looking at you Beholder Maze -- But dispell does not remove the poison buffs.

For my Rogue I typically run with Sloth (Slow) and DD poison. At 65 that slows enough to manage a heal rotation if it is slow-able and put out a 800 DD poison proc. Recasting can be tricky, but if you learn to time it correctly or use a disc to block it is doable.

Anyways feel free to reach out in game.. There are a lot of good folks on most of the time and all see to be willing to help. I have really enjoyed the server and being able to solo / duo raid has been really fun.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Tank classes can start end game bosses with minimal to no aa. All other classes need a lot of hp or aa to survive the 8k dd (random) or being hit for double 3000 on 2 other end game bosses. Slows only help on mino and sleeper for end game bosses.

Most people start with 1 class and make an alt that can help support the other account. You will end up with a lot of extra end game gear at 65 that makes twinking easy.

I try not to give new people post time loot since it may ruin their experience with the server. Velious loot is all I hand out from 1 to 54. At 55 if someone asks for help I'll hook them up with better gear.

Gronk
trenqil

Post by trenqil »

Thanks for the replies

Wondering if the monk AAs allows you to tank better than a rogue

How do berserkers fare in the server?

Wow - a poisoning Paladin - kinda wrecks the Lawful Good RP of the class, LOL