ROf2 Client - Wizard cast bar

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
feiel

ROf2 Client - Wizard cast bar

Post by feiel »

I don't believe this is a bug with the server at all but i'm mostly trying to source some feedback to see if I can address my issue.

=== Description of Issue ===
+ Wizard spell casting bar (countdown timer) is solid the entire time it cast
+ This solid cast bar is only for wizard evocation based spells
+ Other spell types (abj/alteration) are fine on the wizard
+ Evocation on my cleric "works as normal"
+ Tested a level 1 gnome mage and did not have this issue.
+ Tested a level 1 gnome wizard and the spellbar issue showed up.
+ Rof2 client appears to have this issue
+ Underfoot client appeared to be fine
+ Spoke with one other wizard with Rof2 client that did not seem to have this issue

=== Side Effect of Issue ===
The above is really not game breaking for me but the side effect is actually the one that gets me. If a spell is ever interrupted, all spells are locked out for the duration of the spells cooldown. So if I cast a smaller single target nuke, I have a pretty short cooldown to deal with. If I am casting a spell with a larger cooldown, like a rain or AE, I will be locked out of all casting till the cooldown for that spell is complete.

So yeah... this is a weird one. Like I said I have a work around to use a different client but it's also an inferior client. I'm just curious if anyone else might have any suggestions. I may even test this out with the same client and a different computer but that will be a future test. Thanks again!
Rayne

Re: ROf2 Client - Wizard cast bar

Post by Rayne »

Do you have the spells_us.txt recommended for the server? Try that before anything else.
Rayne wrote:Please ensure you have the appropriate spells_us.txt. This MAY resolve your issue. If you have downloaded this file and copied it to your EQ client directory correctly (and you still have an issue with a spell) by all means please report it in the Bugs section.
feiel

Re: ROf2 Client - Wizard cast bar

Post by feiel »

Addressed issue. Should paid more attention to stickies. My bad! Thanks again!