PoT Question and Advice

Polite and constructive conversation.
adevati

PoT Question and Advice

Post by adevati »

Hi All,

i was wondering if the PoT timers are exactly the same as live? With the 2hr per wave with rollover time.

The reason I ask, is because it is quite a time investment to set aside 5+ hours to complete it.

I'm also seeking advice to solo with a Wizard. I haven't tried yet and am still collecting AAs, but what is the best strategy--especially for RZ, VZ, Inno, CT. Do I try the root/blast, snare kite, or just stand and tank with fast casting spells?

Thanks!
Rayne

Re: PoT Question and Advice

Post by Rayne »

You can google the PoT raid on Allakhazam and those timers mirror Casual Dreams.

I wanted to reply to this earlier, but honestly i've usually completed Time in either one sitting, or (very rarely) split it up into 2 sittings (completing upto Phase 5 or Phase 6). With gear (Time or event) Time shouldn't take longer than 3 hours, unfortunately without gear this blows out to 5 hours or more as you stated. Regardless of any timers, the PoT instance ends after 24 hours. You can try to split it up and see how you go (you might have to deal with some trash respawning, depending where you leave), or alternatively you can seek out a partner to speed the process up. At the very least a failed attempt may still net you an upgrade that will speed the process up next time.

Alternatively, you can try some of the lower-end world events (such as Farsoth's Pets in South Karana) to obtain Time-equivalent gear and speed up your clearance time. You may also obtain a few end-game pieces from other players, but I understand this is a personal choice.
feiel

Post by feiel »

Rayne wrote:Regardless of any timers, the PoT instance ends after 24 hours. You can try to split it up and see how you go (you might have to deal with some trash respawning, depending where you leave), or alternatively you can seek out a partner to speed the process up.
When you say the instance ends after 24 hours are you talking about your personal timer? Granted I've just done partially once and I've not had the chance to go back in to see how my previous clear was and/or when the whole instance resets.

From what I read, it looks like you can pick up where you left off but only if the instance is still up within that 24 hour period of time. However, if you are only able to log in at the same point each evening, you should find a way to clear it in that one session.

Thanks again!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Each phase gives you X amount of time to complete to be able to move onto the next phase. You'll need to read the flavour text at the end of each phase to know how much extra time you are given. If this cumulative timer runs out, your time run resets completely (and is separate from your instance timer).

So the answer is... it varies. You might be able to continue where you left off if you're within that cumulative timer, if not the Time instance will have reset or (if you come back over a day later) the instance may have completely expired.

There isn't always a difference between a Time instance resetting and expiring either (especially if you come back after the existing instance and current Time lockout has expired), as you'll simply start back at Phase 1. The best way to find out is simply to have a go at Time as best you're able, while keeping these timers in mind.
dalien

Post by dalien »

You get +1 hour after phase 1, +1:15 after phase 2, +4 hours after phase3 and another +4 hours after phase 4, 11 hours and 15 minutes total to clear the whole thing assuming you beat each phase in time.

The timer only really matters for the first 3 phases, once you beat phase 3 you have all the time in the world to finish it basically.