PoEarthA bugs and feedback

Message poru about exploits. Other bug reports go here.
dalien

PoEarthA bugs and feedback

Post by dalien »

The only thing I've found here that could be considered a bug is with the Vine Ring, mobs fall through the floor and you have to pull them outside the area to be able to target them.

With that said, all four rings seem extremely overtuned compared to most of the other elemental content. The mobs hit hard, have a lot of HP, and there's a lot of waves of them. Even with a super hasted Dire Charm armadillo at my side I feel like killing the Rathe 4 times would be easier than killing these 4 rings.

I guess the other bug would be I spent around 4 hours clearing all 4 of the rings, and the Mystical Arbitor of Earth didn't spawn to complete the EarthA flag. Maybe I took too long clearing the 4 rings? I have read conflicting reports saying you need to clear all 4 rings within 2 hours, and others saying you have to clear all 4 within 24 hours, so I really have no idea how it works here. Halp?
Rayne

Re: PoEarthA bugs and feedback

Post by Rayne »

As per our chat. This is to hold me to my word that i'd try it out this weekend =D (unless someone wants to beat me to it and confirm the Mystical Arbitor spawns. Hey, I won't object!! I think this is one of my most hated zones due to the trouble I had with the Rathe Wardrums).
dalien

Post by dalien »

So I gave this another try, using a super hasted DC armadillo with high end weapons and mage toys for dps. Supposedly you have to clear all 4 rings within 2 hours to spawn the Arbiter of Earth for the flag. It still feels way overtuned compared to all the other PoP content. Here's my times from tonight:
poearth - 01/19/2018
start - 05:30
stone ring - 06:15 (45 minutes)
mud ring - 07:05 (50 minutes)
vine ring - 07:35 (30 minutes)
dust ring - 07:55 (20 minutes)
2 hours 25 minutes for all 4 rings
arbiter of earth didn't spawn :(
The stone ring could either use a 50% reduction in mob hp or a 50% reduction in the number of waves. Mud ring could use a 50% reduction in number of waves. Last two rings were actually pretty fast and are probably fine.

Maybe it's just that druid dps sucks, but it seems almost impossible to clear all four of these rings in two hours.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

I will be rebalancing EarthA in the near future.

Many months ago now I did a massive PoP rebalancing binge as a Monk and got super burnt out on PoP.

EarthA was the only one I didn't finish, probably because I have a lot of bad memories there from Live.

When EarthA first came out it was unfinished, super buggy, and wasted a lot of my/guilds time there.

I have some PoP custom event ideas swirling around now, though, and I want to finish EarthA before I implement them.
dalien

Post by dalien »

poru wrote: 21 Jan 2018 13:36 I will be rebalancing EarthA in the near future.

Many months ago now I did a massive PoP rebalancing binge as a Monk and got super burnt out on PoP.

EarthA was the only one I didn't finish, probably because I have a lot of bad memories there from Live.

When EarthA first came out it was unfinished, super buggy, and wasted a lot of my/guilds time there.

I have some PoP custom event ideas swirling around now, though, and I want to finish EarthA before I implement them.
Yeah I hear ya, EarthA is just a terrible zone by design and my least favorite in PoP for sure. I think they fixed most of the major bugs before my guild got there but it was still an endless slog through mountains of annoying mobs. Only reason anyone ever did it was for the flag.

Thanks for the reply!