Happy Thanksgiving!!

Polite and constructive conversation.
Rayne

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Post by Rayne »

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! I don't personally celebrate it (wrong country =D), but I respect it's significant for many of you, and especially Poru!

So enjoy your roast turkey, your turkey sandwich, and also don't forget family (who can be a bunch of turkeys at times).

I'm off to violate your tradition with chicken and fruitcake.

Rayne the Heretic.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Post by poru »

Thanks!

I was with the in-laws all day :|

We were going to stay the night but our hotel was a horror show. Tried two rooms and gave up.

You guessed it, there was turkey. It wasn't too bad, though. My wife's grandpa used to butcher so he's great at selecting meat.

Most the birds here get fed corn until they die of obesity and then their massive, tasteless corpse collapses in on itself forming a micro black hole that sucks all enjoyment from the space and time known as Thanksgiving.

I can't be bothered to hunt wild turkey, though, so I shouldn't complain.

But I did anyway and you read it, ha! :lol:

Seriously, though, the wife asked me if I wanted her to get a turkey and I told her to get a chicken or ham. :P

I think it's a stupid holiday, really. Even offensive to some. For us it's just time off work to visit family. It's a holiday overdue for a rework, imo.

Also, fruitcake is nasty! :mrgreen:
greenspectre

Post by greenspectre »

The wife and I always do Ham instead of Turkey, on account of us both being in Emergency Communications and working weird hours. T'was a good one this year with us and the kids, and the 10-month-old LOVES stuffing!

All in all, good times! Now to get back to killing Tunare repeatedly until she gives me a DS clicky belt.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I feel I have to defend the fruitcake in this one instance... it was loaded with all types of nuts and quality whiskey & rum!! Yeah, but normally fruitcake is a hack job. =D

I can't stand the taste of turkey, personally. Oh and wtf is that Franken-food called Turducken?? Please don't tell me any of you eat that monstrosity =D