Making Plat

Polite and constructive conversation.
Fizzy

Making Plat

Post by Fizzy »

Newbie here. Just started a few days ago and I am really enjoying it. I never played in a high end guild in live so I never got to experience a substantial portion of the end game. I feel like I can finally see what I missed all those years ago.

I made it to level 30 last night. I have been killing in a lot of the zones I used to level in. I am in doing Mistmoore right now and its bringing back a lot of memories. I noticed that almost every weapon that drops (rusty or otherwise) sells for between 3p and 10p. Its a nice way to make money. I keep everything just because I have no idea what it will sell for on this server.

Does anyone have advice on which items to keep for pp farming while leveling?

The other thing I noticed is that named mobs don't often drop their original items at this level. The only gear I have seen is the basic raw hide and bronze armor drops. Maybe I just haven't leveled enough but is that normal?

Thanks,

Fizzy McFizFace

On a side note, my last name doesn't show to my view but it does show on my health bar.
caenyien

Re: Making Plat

Post by caenyien »

Stackable items that sell well (not too many of these at your level but there are some gems)
Named weapons
Regular mob weapons

With regular mob weapons after I certain point I would try to stick to things that value 10 or more plat. Bag space is valuable and if you constantly have to go sell things it eats into your xp time.

Some zones have zonewide drops instead of drops only on named from what I can tell.

Later on the big named you would thank of have their original loots like Kael Named, POP named mobs, etc.

If you are using MQ2 you may have a filter enabled on player names. You can google easily to find out how to adjust this.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Thanks Caenyien. Don't have MQ2, I started trying to 2 box but quickly decided against it. Too much of a pain. I figured it was a setting somewhere but a search through the options didn't yield any results.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Another question, is there a way to hide corpses I already looted? that's part of the reason I loot everything because I am trying to get to the corpse underneath. Been doing a lot of aoe as a wizzy.
caenyien

Post by caenyien »

there are 2 commands you can use to deal with corpses.

/hidecorpse looted
any corpse you loot will disappear. to get them back you just type /hidecorpse none.

/hidecorpse all
hides all corpses.
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

I really didn't spend a lot of time intentionally making money till around level 45 when your Friendly Shaman bill goes from 1pp to 50pp and you start getting interested in things like Damage Shield potions which are considerably more expensive than the potions youve probably purchased thus far. Also augment solvents (the higher tier ones are very expensive ... but you might find that the augment you are looking to remove isn't worth the plat to remove it and might find yourself upgrading the item by getting it again or farming that augment you would have otherwise lost).

Beyond Friendly Shaman buffs and potions I think you will find money doesn't really play a very large role in the game since there isn't much of an in game economy. I find very few people try to sell the gear they loot that they don't need and often people will just give you stuff if you ask for help).

You might find yourself buying vendor bought Ethereal materials for Plane of Power Elemental molds but you can just as easily make the materials as you'll find your Tradeskills automatically max out as you level.

That being said, the places you can make a quick buck I have found are:

Gunthak: (many items sell for 50-100pp each from trash mobs)
Nadox: Some rather common zone drops sell for 100-250pp

The cost of buying completed Ethereal materials from the bazaar is rediculously expensive, but at the same time making them yourself and selling them to venders is very lucrative. Some people do that to make a quick buck. This would put youbfarmjnf the Elemental Planes.

Once you start farming Plane of Time, vendoring the gear you don't need can also bring in the coin you need to keep going.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Thanks for the info guys. I see the items on casual dreams vendor and want the cash to buy some of it, since I am basically naked right now and rely on the shaman buffs to stay alive.

I never played LDoN so the augments are new to me.
syrics

Post by syrics »

In crescent reach i farm the zombies/skellys for their chest pieces they drop. they sell for 50p+ and the mobs have a respawn of 5min.
Scott

Post by Scott »

/shownames 4 will show everything.

Might be /showname 4