Add epic +damage augs through new event

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Scott

Add epic +damage augs through new event

Post by Scott »

Can we make epics useable again? Maybe we can have an event where you can only use epic weapons to damage a mob in order to introduce this. Something like a gigantic Lockjaw with a 3+ and a 6+ option. Some classes like monk may need their epics modified to have damage/delay so they can use it as a weapon. Most of us are melee classes, and the pure casters already have a mob that is melee immune. If you didn't want to make +damage augs for epics then you can make +bane damage to only hit Alligators. I think this would bring new life to the older players and also attract a lot more new people to the server. This would reduce the # of people asking for their 2.0 epic to be added as long as the 1.0 is on par or slightly better DPS than the current end game weapons. You may have to have a vendor in oasis that hands you an epic weapon (s) of your class (if they have done their epic once) so people don't lose their charm slot augs.

Thanks for listening!

Gronk
Gibsonc3

Re: Add epic +damage augs through new event

Post by Gibsonc3 »

Poru knows that I have been advocating for epic damage augs since the creation of the server. Implementing epic weapon specific augs to increase damage and maybe a proc as well to put epics on par with end game weapons would be a fantastic addition to this already awesome server. I'm sure that a server developer/GM of his caliber could design a simple quest line to collect a few items from the endgame server events to turn in for a nice aug, or even a new server event all together that could drop such augs. I'm not sure what the magic number would be, but a 20 damage epic aug would put a warrior epic up to 34/24, putting it on par with endgame items like Rendsoul or BBoB. Poru does a great job with server balance so I'm sure he could decide what quality of aug would make the most sense.

Just my two cents!

Manjuk
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Hmm, I was dwelling on epics just a couple days ago.

The quality input helps to keep the grey cells firing, thanks guys.

And a little flattery goes a long way 😉
Gibsonc3

Post by Gibsonc3 »

After putting a little more thought into the idea of epic augs, im not recommending necessarily to make them into the end all be all weapons that nullify all other weapons on the server, but they may need to be strong enough that when new end game events are implemented that the epics aren't made obsolete in a short period of time. They should be strong enough that they live up to their names as "epic" weapons. This could also be a prime opportunity to give life to some of the under utilized classes on the server, such as paladins, shadow knights and other hybrid classes.

Manjuk
Manjuk

Post by Manjuk »

The Fabled Temple of Veeshan would be a great way to implement the epic augs. The supreme difficulty of fabled vulak would make him a prime candidate to drop an all/all token that could be redeemed for an individual class specific aug. I would venture to say there are only a handful of players on the server currently that are able to defeat fabled ToV. This would allow epic weapons to maintain some exclusivity and give most of the player base something important to strive for.

Manjuk