Reagents

Ideas, dreams, and feedback.
Khelbaen

Reagents

Post by Khelbaen »

could removing the reagent requirement for zerker throwing axes be taken into consideration? Unsure if the casters have reagent reqs as I dont play one at the moment...but if they do maybe remove that requirement as well?

apologies if this has been addressed in the past, a search for "reagent" came up empty
Sephiroth781

Re: Reagents

Post by Sephiroth781 »

Confirming that mages and necros still require malachite and bone chips respectively to summon pets.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Just curious how this would work considering that some class AAs remove reagent requirements (such as not expending malachite or bonechips for necro / mage pets). Such a global change would render those AAs useless (and possibly others). What about arrows for other classes (including rangers who don't have EQ yet)? It could also impact weapon procs (such as Rune procs that require reagents vs Guard procs which don't).
Sephiroth781

Post by Sephiroth781 »

Rune spells (Enchanter Rune line, Wizard x-skin etc) still require regs, as well they should. IMO those spells have been made more powerful thanks to mobs hitting lighter, and having less HP, Interrupt chance, etc. If you remove regents from those spells, they become nearly game breaking.

As far as others, I have no opinion. I've personally never had an issue carrying around regents.
feiel

Post by feiel »

I dunno if they become game breaking but it would make them more powerful. In my opinions, reagents and things of that ilk basically consume two primary resources... Plat and bag space.

Plat, one could argue, is moot point over time. It fuels potions and any vendor bought items. Beyond that, it seems to be in good supply if you just play the game.

The only reason I would really see this being helpful is with bag space. That always feels like a personal limiting factor. BUT... it does force you to choose what you should carry around.

It feels fine for me but I'm also not a class that purchases or lugs them around.