The Sleeper dies again

Content unique to our server.
poru
Site Admin

The Sleeper dies again

Post by poru »

Manjuk putting Kerafyrm back to sleep and sampling some of The Sleeper's 45 item loot table.

A screenshot of Manjuk 2-boxing Kerafyrm.
y2sky2003

Re: Kerafyrm vs. Manjuk

Post by y2sky2003 »

#squadgoals :D
poru
Site Admin

Bella vs. Kerafyrm

Post by poru »

Bella 2-boxing The Sleeper.

y2sky2003

Re: The Sleeper dies again

Post by y2sky2003 »

It's almost time for Xoeli and Blixxen to take a crack at her!
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

Even after remembering the UI toggle I still forgot to press it. Oh well :P

poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Congratulations! :D
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Congrats!

Any link to what is on the 45 item loot table?

Is it existing stuff or custom gear to the server?
Getin

Post by Getin »

What exactly is the respawn on this guy? I heard it was 24 hours - or am I missing something about how to spawn him? I've been there almost everyday, sometimes multiple times - and killed the four warders, but he doesn't spawn. Is he being permacamped by someone with the timer clocked, and warping in with MQ?

I know MQ is allowed in a limited capacity on this server - but I think certain places should have restrictions, for the sake of fair competition - if I have to physically be in ST for someone to refrain from warping in, that already places me at a huge disadvantage - considering I have to hike from IC or GD. (and yes, I've seen people warp from one zone to another on this server, I have OCD when it comes to /who all, I like to avoid stepping on peoples toes if they have a zone camped). Idc if you warp, or even if you have a toon logged in permanently to track global spawns - but at least try to be fair~ lol...

Sorry, didn't mean for it to turn salty - just frustrating, should I really spend an entire day just listening to music while staring at the sleeper bubble waiting for him to pop so that I have a fair chance?
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Bummer.

I've experienced this in other servers and it's a drag.

I know they Instance Plane of Time here, wonder what it would take to instance popular raid zones as well... Sleepers Tomb, Vex Thall, Temple of Veeshan, Veeshans Peek...

I don't know what kind of effort/resources goes into implementing a solution like that or the server impact long term... so I think it's really something to be thought about by the game admins because you could argue both sides.

The server I was on before, the end game zone was NToV. We open raided it daily, but at some point, there were loot gripes and they startled clearing it at like 3am and locked it down for a few weeks. People got bored and left and eventually the folks that were locking it down lost interest... but by that time everyone that was showing up for the open raid quit playing.

On the other side... if you instance all the best loot zones, people find ways to farm themselves into boredom and you essentially net the same effect.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

Getin,

You are correct that respawn is approximately 24 hours. However, killing the 4 warders does not spawn him. If he is asleep (Shhhhhhhh), you will see him sleeping in the bubble. Then killing the 4 warders, and their shouting, wakes him, and he begins shouting over and over, until he departs or gets whacked.
Is he being permacamped by someone with the timer clocked
I was off for a few days, when his new loot table was added, but I know he has been killed nearly every day. What can you say, he is a popular guy.
and warping in with MQ?
The mechanics of the zone require two mobs to be killed, before attacking a warder, otherwise you get to sit in time out at the zone in. So MQ2 literally has nothing to do with the downing of the Sleeper. I think you are projecting some of your frustration about the spawn onto MQ2. Having said that, I will also say anyone who has played on the server for at least a couple of weeks, or read through the forums, knows not to be an ass to others, specifically with MQ2. My opinion of someone being an ass, would be the example of you are clearing your way down to the Sleeper, and someone warps over you to get ahead, while you are left to fight mobs along the way.

Out of curiosity, a few questions for you:
1. Do you two box?
2. How many times have you done TimeB?
3. Have you killed him before on this server?

Pabst, what was the respawn time on that server in the NTOV?

Aniac