PabstObanCD1

Re: The Sleeper dies again

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

24 hour
Getin

Post by Getin »

Aniac wrote:Getin,

You are correct that respawn is approximately 24 hours. However, killing the 4 warders does not spawn him. If he is asleep (Shhhhhhhh), you will see him sleeping in the bubble. Then killing the 4 warders, and their shouting, wakes him, and he begins shouting over and over, until he departs or gets whacked.
Is he being permacamped by someone with the timer clocked
I was off for a few days, when his new loot table was added, but I know he has been killed nearly every day. What can you say, he is a popular guy.
and warping in with MQ?
The mechanics of the zone require two mobs to be killed, before attacking a warder, otherwise you get to sit in time out at the zone in. So MQ2 literally has nothing to do with the downing of the Sleeper. I think you are projecting some of your frustration about the spawn onto MQ2. Having said that, I will also say anyone who has played on the server for at least a couple of weeks, or read through the forums, knows not to be an ass to others, specifically with MQ2. My opinion of someone being an ass, would be the example of you are clearing your way down to the Sleeper, and someone warps over you to get ahead, while you are left to fight mobs along the way.

Out of curiosity, a few questions for you:
1. Do you two box?
2. How many times have you done TimeB?
3. Have you killed him before on this server?

Pabst, what was the respawn time on that server in the NTOV?

Aniac
Grateful for the info Aniac.

Bleh, you're correct, I'm most likely projecting my frustrations onto MQ2 unreasonably - esp. in light of the facts you shared. Still, it's a relief to see something is in place to prevent a direct "hop".

1. I don't two box - at least, not yet.
2. At least 10-11 times - it's to the point I don't really need anything anymore from it~
3. Long, long, ago - but I'm "pretty" sure it was before he was revamped. it was on a different account that I don't think exists anymore, when Casual Dreams was still new.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

Getin,

No problem on the info.
Still, it's a relief to see something is in place to prevent a direct "hop".
I don't know if I would use the word 'prevent', as much as I would say players know or should know that there will be repercussions if they decide to play that way. Additionally, if a player warps a long ways across a zone, a message will display 'large warp detected'. I believe this functions as a zone wide message. I also in general feel like we have a good server community going, and by and large most people are respectful of each other. However, it is a game, played online, so there will almost always be exceptions to the rule.

Some insight based on your answers to my query.

You mentioned you may have killed him before he was revamped and was closer to when Casual Dreams was new. Back then, the Sleeper had approximately 350k HP's. He now has 3.5 million. I don't 2box (yet) for several reasons myself, crap computer, different plugins, some working, some not etc. I currently play with little to no macros and none that assist fighting. The last time I attempted to solo the Sleeper (about 5-6 weeks ago)....I had him at 15% after about 65 minutes of combat, using all rogue disc's for dps twice, a LOT of cheal pots, and I was in a groove, but one thing went wrong and bam, I died. I also had complete TimeB gear, over 800AA's.

The fight would have taken me about 85 to 90 mins of time start to finish, not including clearing the Master of the Guard, some sentries, the Final Arbiter, and the 4 warders. It is a beefy encounter solo. Another point of comparison for you, at about that same time period, I was clearing TimeB in about 2 hours 40 minutes. I'm not saying you couldn't do it...but I have reservations.

Aniac
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

What is his loot table?
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

Pabst (Blue Ribbon) :lol:

Other than the already stated 45 item loot table, what I can tell you is that most of the items seem to be an upgrade to TimeB gear, but not all. There are several items off of Quarm, that I have chosen to keep instead of whats on the Sleeper. For example, my range slot Stone, the belt slot Cord are two that come to mind. I do not have a list of all the items as I havent been compiling said list.

As I think you are a little newer to the server, my initial recommendation would be to get your TimeB on.

Aniac
PabstObanCD1

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

I've got mostly Time gear on my two toons and cleared it once with a couple of friends (haven't tried it solo yet).

Been focusing more on AA grinding as of late on my warrior.

My curiosity of the loot table is mostly just that... curiosities kf things to strive for. Also, on live I think Sleepers loot table was cloth armor, so I was wondering if the loot table was custom gear, retired gear, vanity gear, or possibly gear from future expansions.

EQ is a game of self improvement and setting goals. Once you run out of goals to achieve the game gets stale quick.

Once I "get there" I usually focus my attention on another alt or helping a friend get caught up.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Some recent changes impact Kerafyrm:

2017 FEB 14 - Sleeper's Tomb: Kerafyrm now globally announces awakening, 60 minute last call, and death/depop.

2017 FEB 14 - Persistent event bosses now self heal when out of combat for 5 minutes.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

I've got mostly Time gear on my two toons and cleared it once with a couple of friends (haven't tried it solo yet).
Understood. I consider TimeB to really have 2 or even 3 sets of loots. Phase 1-3 items are upgraded by phase 4-5 and some of phase 4-5 are upgraded by Quarm items.

There is a slick website that indexes all the TimeB gear:
http://www.raidloot.com/Default.aspx?z_id=time

One thing that is cool about the site, in the upper right hand of the page, you can sort by class and quick links to the individual NPC's. It lists all the items on a single page, unlike Zams where you usually have to click on each item to see the stats etc. Raidloots also lists a lot of the other raid zones, many are beyond PoP, but if you click the All Zones link, it will give you an index.
EQ is a game of self improvement and setting goals. Once you run out of goals to achieve the game gets stale quick.
I agree to a certain extent. One cool thing about Casual Dreams, is it affords players the opportunity to play many alts and see the content from a different class perspective. AA's are mandatory to be a higher end soloist or 2 boxer on Casual Dreams, so its good your working on those. It seems to me that the melee classes have more AA's to obtain in order to be super efficient or min/max the capabilities. But that is based on my limited experience of playing a rogue, SK and necro here thus far on CD.
Also, on live I think Sleepers loot table was cloth armor, so I was wondering if the loot table was custom gear, retired gear, vanity gear, or possibly gear from future expansions.
Sleeper on Casual Dreams used to have Quarm loots, but a majority, if not all, of the new loot table is upgrades to TimeB gear. There is no cloth or junk gear on Sleeper. If I had to guess the items are from future expansions or custom or semi-custom. Honestly, I havent tried looking up the items online. I am not holding out on you, I just dont have a handy dandy link or list I can post.

Aniac
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

Poru, can you clarify what "60 minute last call" means?
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Traditionally, Kerafyrm depops once he finishes his walk to the entrance.

Now, Kerafyrm will just hang out at the entrance for an hour before he depops.

When he arrives at the entrance he will announce something about making his escape soon.

The idea is, if a player unknowingly or intentionally releases Kerafyrm but can't kill him, it should be obvious from the global announcements what is happening so that other players can take a shot at Kerafyrm before he despawns.