Deathspeaker mobs? Killed one this was its loots.

Content unique to our server.
caenyien

Deathspeaker mobs? Killed one this was its loots.

Post by caenyien »

Didn't hit as hard as some other world bosses but hits really fast? Less hp than brownie queen. Looks like a shadowed man.

Here were his drops.

Darkhollow greaves of Tenacity Badass Legs
Band of Solid Shadow
Shadowblood Ring
Dark Chain Circlet

Good luck and let me know if you guys find one too!
PabstObanCD1

Re: Deathspeaker mobs? Killed one this was its loots.

Post by PabstObanCD1 »

Where do you find these mobs?

Are they triggered?
caenyien

Post by caenyien »

This one spawned in Rathe Mountains there was a world emote like 'a powerful deathspwaker has spawned!'

I've seen the same emote in nektulos but i wasnt able to kill that one
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Maybe it is me but I cannot seem to find the Deathspeakers. I have tried in Nek and Rathe MT and I just cannot seem to track or locate them.
Anyone have any information on where they are?

Thanks,

Toban
Scott

Post by Scott »

They are not persistent mobs so you have to go to them when you see the message on which zone they are at. They are at the shadowman camps. Have bard grade run speed and hit really fast. Can't slow or snare them. I haven't used any gear from them and the difficulty is high. Luckily it's not a long fight but it can chew through your HP very fast. You will have to heal a lot more than any other event (times per minute). If you have MQ you can just /tar deathspeaker.

At 12khp it was really hard and died several times. Have almost 17khp now as a 65 war.

Lava - right edge of zone
Nek - lower side near left side of zone
Lfay - think top left of zone
Don't remember any others but they spawn with the normal shadowmen.

Gronk
Teudaan

Post by Teudaan »

Saw a message saying a deathspeaker had crossed into our plane...by an adventure in ocean of tear, immediately ported to oceanoftears, ran to the spectre island because I thought a death speaker was a spectre, Saw the giant death reaper on the big shrine, charged it, "death reaper slash you for 95683 damage, loading..." then load and bound me in plane of torment.
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

Ouch! Yeah, the Death Reaper event is triggered by the "horrific spectre has manifested" message from Sentry Xyrin. Deathspeakers are elite Shadowed Men and found near those camps. They don't hit as hard, but can hit fast! Bring DS potions and plenty of CH pots. If you're a caster, mem your fastest nuke.
Teudaan

Post by Teudaan »

how do you fight the Death Reaper without being DTed? all my resists are 500.
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

The Death Reaper fight was specifically designed for kiting. Rangers are S-tier against him since they can do a ton of damage while staying completely out of casting range. Any class that can use a bow can do the same, but it's much slower and tougher without /autofire and the bow damage AAs.

Casters can kite it as well, but that also puts you in range of his spells, too. Death Reaper's spell DPS is low compared to other custom bosses, but the biggest problem is the seemingly unresistable root, which may take 3 or 4 Spurn Affliction potions to get rid of if several of his DoTs are stacked on top of it. You can get unlucky if he chains a couple roots and closes on you.

Then there's the issue of where you kite him. Back and forth between his spawn point and Sentry Xyrin isn't bad if you can keep a levitate effect up, but you always run the risk of a badly timed root ending the run. My preferred strat is to lead him to shore and kite him around the island, but you have to watch for him clipping under the shoreline in the water. If that happens, get incredibly far away and move inland. Wait for him to reappear on land before re-engaging. He can and will "warp" on top of you if you're too close and he's clipping between water and land.

I've tried other ways of getting around the DT and getting melee damage in (pets, boxed alt after stacking LOTS of aggro), but nothing works. Position on hate list doesn't seem to matter and he'll take a shot at anyone in melee range.

Hope that helps!
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

For Death Reaper
I have seen a Berserker chucking Axes and a Rogue throwing stars. Heck even a monk throwing and aggro flopping tagging with a ranger, but none is faster at taking down the Death Reaper than a Ranger IMO. This is completely a ranged fight. However Dot kitting seems to work pretty good for necros, druid, and shaman with extended range, but it will be a long kite.

When I do it with my ranger i stack a few dots and chip away with bow damage. When I do it with necro I dot, get distance, cast next dot, and so on rinse repeat. Just seemed much quicker with Ranger. As far as my kitting path. I make sure I have Lev up and carry the beast around the zone. I have never had Lev run out and I have never started the event without refreshing Lev

Make sure you have plenty of Spurn Affliction potions cause if you are in range you will get rooted and doted quickly.

If you duo (I mean a partner not a box) then I recommended 2 ranged DPS. Get some distance between and just fight for aggro. It will bounce back and forth at first but it will eventually be following one of the ranged DPS allowing the second DPS to go full burn. The trailing DPS still needs to keep a bit of distance as there are time that the Death Reaper will turn to cast on the trailing DPS.

For Deathspeaker

It is a survival thing. They hit fast and hard and cannot be slowed. High DS helps a ton but you will heal a lot with pots.

My typical setup is a Tank and have some form of Ranged DPS, I prefer the Ranger since I can get tank set on agro and then have the ranged auto fire. The tank is nothing but a meat shield for all the damage that the Deathspeaker puts out, but I have found that an SK can dish out a nice bit of DPS and stack dots and heal with his combat ability that leeches from damage as well as the HT leech too. But that is just me. If you can survive the DPS from the Deathspeaker and be a meat shield for the ranged DPS then you can handle this event no problem.

If you go about it solo you better have lots of heal pots and have your timing right(this actually applies to duo method as well). The DPS is really spiky and I found myself having to heal really early solo to keep myself up. It also made for a much longer fight.

Hope some of this helps,

Jallain