Deathspeaker mobs? Killed one this was its loots.

Content unique to our server.
Teudaan

Re: Deathspeaker mobs? Killed one this was its loots.

Post by Teudaan »

thank you :)
Karm

Post by Karm »

We tried the Deathreaper last night with two wizards and my warrior bot.

The warrior bot died right away because it got too close.

Me and Lava (other wizard) got it down to 50% and called it off. This fight is pretty grueling for casters. Maybe I will try again once the warrior has a better bow or something.

FYI, it is not immune to stun. So it's possible that with an enchanter or two the fight would be much more doable for non dotting classes.

At least it doesn't have a high regen!
Pholo

Post by Pholo »

Yeah Deathreaper is a kite fight so don't get into melee range or you'll be DT and have your bind point set to plain of torment. Wizards can work really well if you can bounce aggro back and forth. Having DoT classes is very nice but I think the king at killing that guy is the Ranger. Turn on autofire and slowly back away it wont even have a chance to cast on ya. Makes for a boring fight though that why I usually duo it with Ranger/Necro so I'm pressing more then just S and D to circle him around his island.

Unfortunately I cant go back and edit my thread "Event Drops" or else I would have cause this boss does in fact change when he is engaged with more then 3 characters. Name changes and I believe he has more loot drops.

As for the Deathspeakers which this thread was originally for just get a heavy hitting 2 hander (like a fabled great spear of doom or a fabled shovel of harvest) and pop your repost disc and watch it melt about 50% of its health away while you take no damage. For the last 50% just bring a whole lot of healing pots cause they hit super fast. They have no lockout timer and have alot of nice loot. They also drop power sources for the upgraded Tenish armor quests in Cresent.
Karm

Post by Karm »

That's a nice tip! Thank you! I will try that next time I run into one.

The deathspeaker just ate my warrior immediately when we engaged, but she was woefully underequipped.. We just beat Quarm for the first time and he pretty much only dropped stuff for the warrior. So hopefully she will have more respectable HP once I sort through the bank and equip all this stuff.

Actually my buddy has a 65 rogue so, we could probably take him down with 2 ripost discs and 1 death lol.