Genesis

Polite and constructive conversation.
Giftcard

Genesis

Post by Giftcard » 01 Feb 2020 16:52

Do you plan to bring up a Genesis server this month Poru?

poru
Site Admin

Re: Genesis

Post by poru » 02 Feb 2020 00:09

We will cross that bridge if we ever get to it.

It was supposed to be out in January but was bumped to February 25th.

The media they have released so far seems underwhelming.

I question whether Genesis will have the mass appeal of the free maps like Ragnarok and Valguero, but I will remain open-minded.

:|

DragonBugg

Post by DragonBugg » 05 Feb 2020 13:08

I'm personally uninterested, but as long as Valguero and Ragnarok stay, I'll be content. I do like Scorched Earth and some creatures from Extinction and Aberration, but otherwise I'm indifferent. I miss Rock Drakes though!

Saltybastard

Post by Saltybastard » 27 Feb 2020 18:35

It's out do you know when you can have it up?

poru
Site Admin

Post by poru » 29 Feb 2020 22:19

Check out the reviews, it's an epic fail.

Saltybastard

Post by Saltybastard » 02 Mar 2020 18:52

Is there any way we can still get the tames if you're not going to get the server up like a mod of some sort?

poru
Site Admin

Post by poru » 02 Mar 2020 23:07

We don't use mods for the sake of stability but the new tames can potentially be added to our maps via .ini

None of the new critters really jumped out at me, honestly.

Either way, I have little time for this right now due to real-world obligations.

If someone wants to volunteer the time and post the code I can review and add.

SRJohnson

Post by SRJohnson » 10 Mar 2020 16:37

Just some extra input into the Genesis DLC from experience. I've played it with several of my friends for about 74 hours since it's been released. I can easily say that the reviews are bloated on Steam; the game play itself is a step away from the traditional ark survival because each area is much more difficult and progressively gets more challenging as you progress beyond the warp points. Missions are also completely ignorable, and the hexagon shop is a very useful and necessary tool.

The mission areas don't take up the majority of the biomes - this has been vastly exaggerated. However, mission zones makes it more challenging, yet more rewarding, to find good base locations.

Also, one of the biggest gripes is often directed at the maps overall size; with each biome taking up a chunk of the map it supposedly makes it "feel smaller," but this is not the case at all. Each biome is very vertical- the arctic has a massive winding mountain to ascend, the volcanic area has caves and trenches with a volcano to climb, the ocean has rock spires to build on and is incredibly deep and contains air pockets to explore below the surface, the bog is sprawling and easy to get lost in with the fog and massive trees, and the lunar biome is a giant expanse of floating rocks and crevasses to explore.

Overall, the DLC is great if you're up for a challenge and taking a step back from the traditional sprawling, singular world concept in favor of a more vertical, diverse map.

DragonBugg

Post by DragonBugg » 11 Mar 2020 23:19

I'd be down to swap Extinction for Genesis, honestly. I don't have the DLC yet but I'm considering getting it soon. And I really don't care for Extinction myself.

poru
Site Admin

Post by poru » 12 Mar 2020 22:44

Extinction made me dry heave. Genesis is too much Extinction II, imo. I don't think either are a great fit for our Casual cluster.

Crystal Isles has me intrigued. I started a thread for it, post your thoughts there.

Sustain Our Community

Donate to Casual Dreams

Advertisement