Requests

Polite and constructive conversation.
Blarion

Requests

Post by Blarion »

Hi Poru,

I was wondering if you could make a few small changes to the server. Here is the very short list with the reasons why myself, Kngat, and Cara214 would like the changes. We are all RL friends and would love to see these changes

1. Fast leaf decay - pretty sure its a server option (there are server side spigot or bucket mods that do this as well) - basically it makes it much easier to farm trees and get the saplings back to plant more. Since the 1.10.x updates they changed collision boxes making it very difficult to retrieve saplings/apples from any form of redstone based tree farm that isn't an absolute beast of a lag monster. With fast leaf decay turned on I can make a simple redstone based tree farm with less then 10% of the resources required without fast leaf decay.

2. Mob griefing turned on. Yes on, I know this means creepers blow up stuff but without mob griefing turned on I cannot take any animals through the nether for fast transport back to our base, villager breeding is very difficult, and I cannot make a villager based crop farm (which would be really nice to have). Also there is a simple way to add a command block at spawn under the bedrock with a line of code to stop endermen from being able to pick up and move blocks around which is most annoying. The line of code is:
entitydata @e[type=Enderman,tag=!a] {carried:minecraft:piston_extension,Tags:["a"]}

Here is a link to the youtube video explaining what it does by Xisumavoid (from the hermitcraft server) in detail and how to configure the command block
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG48aImN_5U&t=123s

What it does it put and extended piston head in their hands so they cannot pick anything up. Since the extended piston head will not drop as a block entity they do not drop anything other then ender pearls as they should.
Also you would want to add the following game rule to suppress the command line output from the command block :
/gamerule commandBlockOutput false

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider our requests,
Biggerhammer, Kngat, and Cara214
poru
Site Admin

Re: Requests

Post by poru »

Let me ruminate a bit and I will get back with you.
Blarion

Post by Blarion »

Hi Poru - was away for a few weeks with a family emergency. I was wondering if you had given our request any more consideration.

Also one other request. We just got into the end and it is an older version (no chorus fruit, and end cities) so we cannot get elytras or shulker boxes because of this. Could you also please consider resetting the end zone so we could get these items as well. (A reset is simply deleting the end folder to reset just that single piece of the world - backs as always are recommended before doing so).

Note there is nothing built in the end currently so this would not disrupt any other players returning to the game.

Many thanks,

Biggerhammer
CyborgTEd

Post by CyborgTEd »

I have read the above stated by Biggerhammer, and fully agree with everything stated. Being able to acquire the new items would be amazing, really looking forward to using shulker boxes!
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

It's on my to-do list, just been super busy.
Blarion

Post by Blarion »

Many thanks Poru
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Updated to 1.12

1. Fast leaf decay - I could only find mods for this, no game command (other than tick speed for everything).

2. Mob griefing turned on - Done. Gave Endermen their invisible pistons and set Creeper explosion radius to zero. Villagers now harvest crops.

3. End version update - Done.

Implemented the griefing changes with the new functions feature. I like! :ugeek:

Please report anything out of order.

Happy hunting!
Blarion

Post by Blarion »

Many thanks Poru - loving the changes

Again cant thank you enough,

Biggerhammer