Monk Epic Pieces not dropping?

They will fist you to death.
Spyte11

Monk Epic Pieces not dropping?

Post by Spyte11 »

I have killed over 30 Putrid Skeletons in Qeynos Hills Undead Ruins and over 50 in Befallen, and I still havent seen 1 Putrid Rib Bone for the Monks Epic quest. Can you confirm they drop?
poru
Site Admin

Re: Monk Epic Pieces not dropping?

Post by poru »

Yeah, monk epic has been done several times here.

I haven't done it personally so your best bet is to ask other monks for advice.
Stryx

Post by Stryx »

I skipped the headband / sash quest line and went straight to kill Brother Zephyl in Rathe. It took a while to get him to spawn with the robe on, but I think it's the quickest way to get epic. Both pipes didn't take long and I got to exp while camping the pipes. I completed epic in my low 50s.

I would recommend killing Brother Z for the robe...then it's just 2 rare spawns and a few fights and you're done!
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

I know this is an old post but figured I would post here since this was about the epic.

I have reach a point on my monk that I need to collect the book Immortals. From all that I have read about the drop it should drop from the following mobs in Skyfire.

a lava walker (Wyvern)
a mature wurm
a shadow drake
a soul devourer
a wandering wurm
a wurm spirit
Black Scar
Eldrig the Old
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing
Guardian of Felia

I have been on my ranger tracking and killing for 2 days and nada. Another monk Fatalfist has been killing for it as well. Are we missing something or is this just a really rare drop for monk epic. I thought getting the Iksar to pop in Chardok was bad but this has pretty rough.

Anyone have any thoughts..

Thanks,

Toban
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nothing much to tell you other than the Monk epic has been completed many times here. I've personally completed the epic, so the immortals book does drop.

Not every drop is easy unfortunately, and sometimes you get shafted by RNG. If you still have no luck you might ask if another player has a copy.

There is not a single epic that cannot be completed on CD. I don't say this as a guide, I say this as a player who has done EVERY single one of them. It's easy to second-guess if an item does or doesn't drop, or whether it's bugged, but that's not the case.

P99 guides work accurately for most (there are a few differences, but critical thinking or a forum search will resolve them), while Alla guides work fine for Beast and Berserker.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

Thank you Rayne,

I had no doubt that the epic could be completed as I have seen so many have gotten it done. I was just checking to see if there was maybe others that had similar experiences is all and if they had any advice.

If I am coming across as brash I apologize I do not mean to. Truly I was just seeking information about this part of the quest to see if perhaps I was missing something. I really enjoy doing the quests and the fact it is the monk epic made me think perhaps they made the drop rare because monks need to be patient. Most of the Monk epic is about waiting for a drop or a particular mob to spawn.

I just wanted to be sure I was not missing something is all.

Thanks,

Toban
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

In no way are you coming off as brash, and I completely understand how you're feeling. There have been many times when i've been hunting an item or completing a quest, and it's taking longer than I expect, that i've succumbed to doubting if the item or quest is bugged (to this day I still don't know if the halfling illusion masks drops in Chardok, I should ask Poru =D).

I should also state that I didn't intend to come off so harshly in my reply. Completing epics form a legitimate concern for many players on CD, so that's why I decided to make a new post in the NEWS section indicating they each quest is functioning as intended, and can be obtained. While I can say that each epic can be completed, I can't say with any certainty that every item's drop rate, or rare spawn rate, is perfect (what is "perfect" anyway? On live epics have changed over the years, and some items have had their drop rates similarly changed). Hopefully my post is one of reassurance rather than discouragement (...to post questions).

Obviously I can only say that epics can be completed right now, there's always the possibility in the future that a change to a classic zone, or to a mob in a classic zone, can bug the epics in an unintentional way. We're safe for the moment, however. Keep an eye on the changelog :)