Servers Up

Client and computer problems go here.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Power Outage

Post by poru »

The power looks stable now but I haven't heard anything else from the power company.

I didn't see anyone trimming trees so it was either a problem down the road at the transformer or the wind sorted it out when it started getting really gusty. Hopefully the former.

I will pick up where I left off in a few minutes.
JDubzTVoD

Post by JDubzTVoD »

I just want to say thank you for putting in so much hard work on an amazing server for all of us to play on, I really appreciate the extent you'd go to just for us all to be able to play on it
iceman115571

Post by iceman115571 »

I also wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. This server has been great so far I'm having so much fun with it. Hope everything goes simple enough for you.
SlyStone

Post by SlyStone »

:ugeek:
Last edited by SlyStone on 21 Jul 2018 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Game servers are coming up now.

Happy hunting!
poru
Site Admin

Re: Power Outage (again)

Post by poru »

So, it was the wind that solved our power problem yesterday and it has turned out to be a temporary fix.

We're getting 26 - 60 volts out of the sockets right now.

The lineman told me yesterday that the problem was trees in the lines, which he suspected the night before.

He interviewed various neighbors who reported having the same problem (but couldn't bother to call it in, wtf).

He already put a ticket in the night before to have the lines cleared by the trimming crew.

Will keep you posted.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

A couple utility vehicles down the street now, hopefully they sort it out.
SlyStone

Post by SlyStone »

Well at least the power company should fix and repair it on their dime, and i bet they jump on it asap since it most likely has several homes down, and downed lines are dangerous and potential death or law suit to them.

Bright side to it is, the trees are forever gone now, and the power company was forced to fix a problem.

Ya know that power strobing could have been caused by the trees touching the lines prior to this, and was just a matter of time.
But if the power company is like the ones here, they will be forced to fix it fast, its a danger and it has people down.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Yeah, most the neighbors are much older and didn't care until it got bad enough that their TV and AC wouldn't kick on. I bet they got plenty of calls then.

There are three trucks out there now.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Servers Up (again)

Post by poru »

Servers coming back up now.

It was a "bad lug" on the transformer and they did a "temporary fix."

They will be back Tuesday to replace the transformer.