Beholder: Necaris / Sokar & Jonquille / Blueberry

Negativity.
etherwatch

Beholder: Necaris / Sokar & Jonquille / Blueberry

Post by etherwatch »

Hi. Some of us are wanting to kill the Beholder but there are players like Necaris (Sokar) who hog the zone for long periods of time. Necaris was camping this zone less than a day ago and he was back again. With a 30 hours lockout he shouldn't have any need to come back unless he is circumventing the lockout somehow.

I sent Necaris a tell ingame and he didnt reply. Instead he logged out and logged Blueberry (Jonquille or Kattamaran on the forums) in (in beholder) instead. A 63 bard who has little hope of doing the beholder (and more than likely just holding the zone). They are all guilded with Prophets (and possibly the same person trying to circumvent the lockout). Blueberry (aka Kattamaran) has several posts which show he/she is impatient with loot drops (giving motive), and Necaris is well known to be desperate for a Spiked Steel Baton.

Can we please have this looked into? This event sucks enough as it is without this sort of abuse on top of it.
Kattamaran

Re: Beholder: Necaris / Sokar & Jonquille / Blueberry

Post by Kattamaran »

Lets clarify here for a second (jesus this is so stupid). Necaris came to me today to get beer in rl. I was with Blueberry in Pok and traind my percussion skill (plz poru .. some love here it takes forever). He loggd on his toon to give me a weapon. I run Blueberry to beholder because he has his toon there (dont blame Nec for camping beholder when the stupid thing only has 6 hours respawn, imo thats game mechanics that leads to the drama).
Well so we transfer the weapon to Blueberry. He logs his toon off and i leave her there to train percussion. afk.. lvl 62.. almost no AAs .. she cant take the beholder...
No idea how you can trick the lockout. thats it, gating back to pok now, peace..
Last edited by Kattamaran on 09 Jul 2017 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Sunto

Post by Sunto »

Wait what?
I am at my RL best friends house with my family. I loged Necaris in to give him (Jonquille/Blueberry) a Bard weapon the beholder dropped last day. I am on lockout.
Blueberry is not my account. Poru can check the ip and the item transfer. Its the same as Blueberry this time becuz i am at his house.

I did not know that trading a weapon or that loging in from a other computer to make a trade is illigal.
This has nothing to do with the beholder spawn. Necaris is just loged there like always.
I kill the beholder after the lockout like everybody else.

Sure we where afk. We ar here drinking a beer and talking with our familys.

Wow we came this far. If someone is afk and not responding, go for it kill the beholder.
But accusing me of trying to cheat...cmon man.

It seems alot go crazy about the beholder. My suggestion would be to make him spawn faster but keep the lockout as it is so more can kill him.

Heading home now. This is geting out of hand.
I expect a apology btw.

ADD:
Ok i am home now.
Last time i loged Necaris in and was on lockout for 30min i even set /afk to I am on LOCKOUT for 30min go for it. Kill the Beholder.
I even /ooc it and told everybody who zoned in to kill him. Nobody wanted the kill, so i killed him after the lockout was gone and tryd to give the loot away.
Camping was always part of EQ. If you want to camp him for 6h, go for it. Sometimes i login and somone is already there or killing him, i wait for the next spawn. That is how EQ always was. You see someone camping there. Send him a tell. If he does not respond, it is up to you how long you wait, and go for the kill.
Anyways: Thats just about the camp and not about the above situation.
napalmg

Post by napalmg »

I hardly play much these days, but I do have my toon set to log in and out by beholder just to check on that guy. I wouldn't be surprised if the loot table has changed secretly to mess with you all lol. Anyway, you'll see me sitting there if no one else is in the zone and I'm not on lockout, usually at night. On my other monitor I'm doing work while I'm sitting there logged in, so I'm not usually afk. If someone else is in the zone waiting I just come back later to get in line. Sometimes I leave before it even pops and lose my spot in line. Oh well. The lockout is 20 hrs. The changelog said set to 30, but right after I killed it last night I went to look at the timer and it said 20 for lockout. With the above setup i might kill him maybe 2x a week. /shrug

Thats just typical EQ spawn camping and thats why the timers were established at least.
The thing that REALLY gets me riled up is coming to a boss mob area and I'll see 15 corpses of the same player. If death is happening that much on that event, its obvious that they skipped a lot of gearing up. I wouldn't be upset if there was a penalty for throwing yourself endlessly at a mob to scratch it a few times before getting smacked down and then run back.
There has to be some risk/reward or it gets boring quick. Just my 2cp.

xihil
Villy

Post by Villy »

Jonquille/Necaris are two different people.

Why am I not surprised to see this thread though...

Usually Necaris/Jonq are pretty nice about passing on spawns and passing loot up if you need something. Odd question to ask, but I wonder if the OP tried to ask about it, or just assumed because they were there that they were going to kill it? Because it sounds like the second, when they'd have passed things up.

It sounds like a misunderstanding from a lack of talking and communication.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Villy wrote:I wonder if the OP tried to ask about it, or just assumed...
Not that I want to be involved in this, but the OP does state that he/she sent them a /tell and received no reply.
Sunto

Post by Sunto »

Rayne wrote:
Villy wrote:I wonder if the OP tried to ask about it, or just assumed...
Not that I want to be involved in this, but the OP does state that he/she sent them a /tell and received no reply.
Yes, he did send a tell but.. as i have sayd, we where afk. When i loged Necaris out and saw his tell i tryd to reply but he was off. I had no chance to answere.
He just assumed i am a "cheater". He could have waited till i got back to him.
If you ar afk and i send you a tell and you do not reply, i dont come here after 30 minutes posting you ar a asshole guide for ignoring me. Just saying.
What did i do after i got angry at you and noticed i was wrong? I did apologize.

I also did not see a problem since i always sayd that it is ok to kill the beholder if i do not reply when he spawns. I can not expect players to not kill him when i am afk or falling asleep.
I see alot of afk caming. If nobody replys and even ignores /ooc then i think it is fair game to make the kill.

Also this could have been resolved by now with a confirmation from the server logs that the trade did happen.

Last time i loged in, there was a guy camping the beholder, so i loged out.
About 2h later i loged in again and nobody was in the zone, so i started camping the beholder. After some time i saw the event msg that this guy killed the mino. When he came back in to the zone i did send him a tell saying i thought he left.
His answere was very rude and he told me i am a scum cheater and the whole server hates me and i should piss of. I have screenshots.
I wanted to be friendly and give him the spawn back even tho he left the zone and did somthing else. I just loged after that.
Oh well, it seems nobody cares and ar just happy to belive a lie so i "piss off".

I do not know how many loot i gave away from the beholder so nobody gets pissed since i had the time to camp the beholder.
For example, Saborclaw did ask me about the DS ring and as soon as it dropped, i gave it to him. Even when i could have used the ring form my next twink. I only saw the ring drop twice in my weeks of camping the beholder. But i think it was just fair to hand it off since i was camping the beholder after each lockout.

Btw: It seems the lockout is still 20h so that is also not my fault.
Last edited by Sunto on 11 Jul 2017 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The lockout is still 30 hours. For some reason it shows 20 hours at Mister Lockout, then when that has elapsed it adds another 10 hours. At least this is what I have observed.

Poru has also stated in the change log that it is 30 hours.
Sunto

Post by Sunto »

Rayne wrote:The lockout is still 30 hours. For some reason it shows 20 hours then when that has elapsed it adds another 10, at least this is what I have observed.

Poru has also stated in the changelog that it is 30 hours.
Ya, whatever. I kill him after the lockout, If it is 20 or 30h. I do not know how the cheat that and i do not even want to do so. Also if mr lockout says i have no lockouts i do not asume i could maybe add somthing. I go and camp the spawn. If i get ported out when i attack i know. But that did not happen and is actually besides the point of the OPs post of accusing me of cheating.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Sunto wrote:What did i do after i got angry at you and noticed i was wrong? I did apologize.
This is precisely why I won't get involved in this instance (because we did have a prior incident in Beholder). At any rate, i was just stating to Villy that the OP did attempt (according to the post) some measure of communication. Beyond that, and clarifying the lockout, it's not appropriate for me to comment further.